PDA

View Full Version : DFX+ with all modules

nt65
12-10-2003, 07:39 PM
Hi there,
I just got back from a DVD festival in Sydney, and StormFX are offering a complete DFX+4 with all modules (except the rendering node) for $AUS1650 ($US1204).

Is this a good price?

I noticed on eyeonline's web site they have a price for upgrading from the Newtek LW deal of DFX+4 inc mods 1+4 to getting the rest of the modules for $US995.

I am not sure if this includes the render node though.

Does anyone out there know?

thanks

KillMe
12-10-2003, 08:49 PM
well consider that 995 for the remaining modules so tahts 2 less than whats on offer there and your getting the package with it i'd say its a good deal

nt65
12-10-2003, 09:20 PM
KillMe:
It would be nice to get the full package with all modules (except the rendering node), but it defeats the purpose, b/c I would have two copies of DFX+ but not able to use the network rendering.
If I added the rendering node, thats another $US595.

If I bought just the modules for $US995 (provided it does come with the network node), I would pretty much have the same thing.

Lets see:

DFX+ with 1+4 mods &
DFX+ with all mods except network node: $US1205

or

DFX+ with all modules (with network node?): $US995

Yeh, I guess you're right.
thanks

nt65
12-11-2003, 11:40 PM
Just a follow up, for anyone thats interested, I rcvd an email from eyeon sales dept, and this was their response:

"The render node is a separate module from the unlocked modules of DFX+ (modules
1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 7). A dongle is required to run the render node. This retails
for $595."

Hmmm, I think I will purchase the full package.

KillMe
12-12-2003, 10:16 AM
i didn't realise you already had dfx+ and modules 1+4 and that it was for network rendering you were wanting it

but if you buy the full package again then you should get another dongle so should eb able to render with 2 computers

so it should be still a pretty good deal since the upgrade wont come with another dongle

cource if your going or the full thign then you msut haveworked all that out =)

trick
12-12-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by KillMe
...but if you buy the full package again then you should get another dongle so should eb able to render with 2 computers...

Rendering on 2 computers....yeah....but I wonder if you can use a second license (dongled) of DFX+ as a render node (with all its advantages) !!!

KillMe
12-12-2003, 05:45 PM
i ment as in network rendering sure you should eb able to since each base package must include a rendernode
but jsut to be sure should probally ask first

riki
12-12-2003, 06:03 PM
I didn't even hear about the DVD festival in Sydney :(

nt65
12-13-2003, 04:52 AM
Actually, it was the Digital Video Festival part of the AEAF (Australian Effects and Animation Festival). It consisted mainly of master classes and presentations on various DV technology. This was the first of its kind and the organisers are waiting to hear feed back from the attendees. Judging from what most people have said, it was a success. I believe there will be another next year, possibly in Melb.

Cheers

trick
12-13-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by KillMe
i ment as in network rendering sure you should eb able to since each base package must include a rendernode
but jsut to be sure should probally ask first

It seems the only thing DFX+ can NOT do (which DF and DFRN can..) is send frames to the Master !!! It can be used as a real node.