PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 10 Crashing Mac El Capitan

Pumpkin King
03-15-2016, 07:55 AM
Hi all... I haven't use Lightwave (10) in a while... Thought I'd fire it up and tweak up some of my older renders. First problem I encountered was Lightwave not wanting to open my .lwo and Lws files because the extensions were not visible. For some reason even after I changed that option in El Capitan (OS X) the file extensions still were not visible. I manually added the extensions and that seem to work. I can use Modeller with no problems but, Layout... Not so much. Layout keeps crashing. I can get it to load scenes if I send them from Modeller... but if I try to load or save anything Layout crashes. I can render.. but if I try to save that render it crashes. Also.. there is something weird going on with the contextual menus.. they seem to stack up as I mouse over them instead of disappearing... Any ideas? I was looking for and update but could find anything on the NewTek site.. Any help would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks!

Jay

ChrisBasken
07-24-2016, 05:20 AM
I have this problem as well. The OS message says KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS which makes me think Layout is trying access a section of memory that no longer exists. It might be due to an update in OSX that hasn't been reflected in LW10.

Markc
07-24-2016, 05:37 AM
LW 10 is about four years old now, so at the time it would have been Mountain Lion.
Your OS has advanced on in leaps and bounds, but LW is stuck in 2012.

This is why I only upgrade the OS when I really have to.

Pumpkin King
07-26-2016, 06:27 AM
This is the official response from Customer Support...

"I am sorry, but that is a break caused by Apple's El Capitan OS. That OS broke just about every version of LightWave from around 11.5 and earlier.

You can try to roll back your OS to 10.7, or upgrade LightWave.

Thank you for your report."