PDA

View Full Version : When will NDI APPs be available?

alejandro9999
03-14-2016, 08:58 PM
Hey guys! I just can't wait for the apps to be released....

Have the engineering team or any developer considered NDI Apps, for mobile? Android or IOS ??

I just can't imagine how we can use that Protocol, in our High School :D

Waiting for some news!!

kanep
03-14-2016, 10:44 PM
You mean like this...

[Edit: external link removed (posted prematurely)]

alejandro9999
03-15-2016, 07:47 AM
Wow!!! And a final question, is there a PC version available??

In my case, our high school, stream from the auditorium using a Blackmagic Decklink Studio, however we want this audio/video signal to be connected to our Tricaster 460 (hopefully soon Advanced Edition), to do Pre-Shows, and other great stuff.

Our TV Set is like 60 mts. away from the Auditorium, but both are connected in the same Gigabit network.

SBowie
03-15-2016, 08:12 AM
NewTek, not surprisingly, has a whole host of NDI applications and utilities ready to go, as do some others. As a Blackmagic Design card user, you're going to be particularly interested in NDI Connect Pro, which can take the inputs of third-part hardware cards and convert them into NDI sources. It can also output an NDI signal to the outputs of such cards, and much more.

The response to NDI has been such that we are long past having any doubts that it will be the most popular and ubiquitous professional video over IP solution by a good margin. :)

livepad
03-16-2016, 09:36 AM
Sienna UK announces the immediate availability of a suite of NDI Tools for Mac, and iOS, the first 3rd party NDI tools to ship.

http://sienna.tv/ndi

Several of these tools will be available in the app stores later this morning.

Enjoy !

Gallery Sienna UK

SBowie
03-16-2016, 11:07 AM
Duplicate of another post, for the sake of contextual relevance:

So, this is apparently a 'soft launch', which means no big splashy announcements from our Marketing wizards at this time ... so, no drum roll, and what follows below is not an official announcement. I just had some stray pixels laying around, and they seem to have mysteriously organized themselves into something with a random semblance to URLs. I wonder where they lead ...

NewTek.com/support/documentation
Store.NewTek.com
NDI.NewTek.com

ZachSchuster
03-16-2016, 11:22 AM
Duplicate of another post, for the sake of contextual relevance:

So, this is apparently a 'soft launch', which means no big splashy announcements from our Marketing wizards at this time ... so, no drum roll, and what follows below is not an official announcement. I just had some stray pixels laying around, and they seem to have mysteriously organized themselves into something with a random semblance to URLs. I wonder where they lead ...

www.NewTek.com/support/documentation.html

A documentation page...

www.NDI.NewTek.com

A page not found...

www.Store.NewTek.com

Not a store catalog...

:)

JPulera
03-16-2016, 11:28 AM
NDI App Store (https://store.newtek.com/)

FREE NDI Downloads (http://newtek.com/ndi)

ZachSchuster
03-16-2016, 11:35 AM
Yes... the old www.-when-not-needed typo. Easy to overlook. But really, I expect more from Steve... :)

SBowie
03-16-2016, 11:36 AM
www.NewTek.com/support/documentation.html

A documentation page...
:)Links fixed, thanks.

SBowie
03-16-2016, 11:37 AM
Yes... the old www.-when-not-needed typo. Easy to overlook. But really, I expect more from Steve... :)Odd that it actually messes up when you use them. (Initially I hadn't, but vBulletin didn't like it without that "www".) :bangwall:

JPulera
03-16-2016, 12:01 PM
Hi Steve,

Please advise, what is the difference between VSE 2.5 and the new AE version? The description reads the same for both in your web store. Looking at the User Guides, looks like AE version adds Flares and maybe different naming conventions.

And THANK YOU to you and the Newtek Crew for bringing all the new NDI goodies to us!

Thanks

Jeff

SBowie
03-16-2016, 12:10 PM
Please advise, what is the difference between VSE 2.5 and the new AE version? The description reads the same for both in your web store. Looking at the User Guides, looks like AE version adds Flares and maybe different naming conventions.Flares are new, and rather cool. Beyond this, however, the new AE version compiles LiveSets in a new format, and its output is only compatible with AE. Visual quality should be somewhat better in these sets in some cases, I believe, but another reason for the change is that these sets are smaller, and less of a pain to download.

And THANK YOU to you and the Newtek Crew for bringing all the new NDI goodies to us!Thanks. There were a massive number of moving parts to this set of releases, and getting it all done required a big effort from a lot of people, including Marketing, Support, IT and others. The TriCaster upgrade would be a major one even apart from NDI, which is already having industry-wide ramifications.

Marty01
03-16-2016, 02:02 PM
Noticed that there is an update for the Tricaster Standard 460. It's just one file, unlike all the parts before. As a matter of fact, I couldn't locate the last update with all of the parts plus the content parts. Can you give me a little info on how the updates work now? Read some in the manual but didn't see anything about this.

Thanks,
Marty

SBowie
03-16-2016, 02:23 PM
I'm told that the updater now notifies you separately regarding software versus content updates, and lets you choose which to download and install. I think that's why the software installers are so much smaller.

stoecklem
03-16-2016, 02:28 PM
Thanks Newtek! Can't wait to try NDI.

To gripe a bit.. though.. not all Tricasters are online. Our 460 flypack is on a closed network. Is there a way to download the update on another pc like I had done before? I ran the exe and it started installing AE on my PC so I canceled it. Apologies if I'm missing something.

SBowie
03-16-2016, 02:43 PM
Is it possible you inadvertently blew past an option to "download" (only) rather than "install"? I'm told it should be there.

John Perkins
03-16-2016, 03:09 PM
When you run our new downloaders, they will know if they are on a TriCaster, 3Play or Talkshow and offer appropriate options.

On "the system" they will offer to download to a location or download and install.

On a random PC, they will only ask for where to download the files.

If you see a location requester, you can be assured that the installers won't run after downloading.

If there are no updates available, it will notify you and ask if you still want to continue.

There may be multiple installers that need updates, for example, the TriCaster itself and the TriCaster content.

If they are marked "(up to date)" then the checkbox will be unchecked by default, meaning it won't download.

If there is an update available, then the box will be checked by default.

If you want to reinstall (or redownload) for some reason, check the box and it will happen even though it is already up to date.

I hope this clears up some things.

stoecklem
03-16-2016, 03:30 PM
That does clear things up....thanks. I did see the location requester..and then when I got back to my desk the installers were saying "installing advanced edition software" so thats when I aborted, but it sounds like it wouldn't have actually installed the software.. I will try again.

John Perkins
03-16-2016, 03:45 PM
We are repurposing an installer, so some of the wording is unfortunate.

Maybe we'll come with a way to change that in the future.

ACross
03-16-2016, 04:00 PM
Flares are new, and rather cool. Beyond this, however, the new AE version compiles LiveSets in a new format, and its output is only compatible with AE. Visual quality should be somewhat better in these sets in some cases, I believe, but another reason for the change is that these sets are smaller, and less of a pain to download.

Let me just add to this. The visual quality is a much more than somewhat better in these sets, it is almost a complete redesign. Internally it has a per pixel "spot" size so that all images are sampled as correctly as is physically possible ... and on TC they run much better in real-time as well.

side-note ... the keyers on AE2 are also way better than they used to be, we undo the fact that most cameras have a sharpening filter that causes halos on mattes.

Andrew