PDA

View Full Version : Bullet slow memory when handling many objects!

jaxtone
03-14-2016, 01:37 PM
Hi!

Is there a way to save parts of a building that are smashed into pieces as MDD-files?

Its not a problem to let Bullet calculate the parts separately from each others but if I want Bullet to take care of all parts at once the calculation time is extremely long!

I thought it would be smarter to create each part in a separate scene and then export it as an MDD, and when all is done add them into a final scene where the window parts moves faster than the concrete etc...

If anyone knows more about MDD-files and Bullet explosives I would appreciate some help because this is way over my head!

Jack

jaxtone
03-14-2016, 01:46 PM
Hereīs one thread about this but I donīt understand what it means!

Load it through node editor! Load what and how?

Does anyone understand this, please tell me how it could be done?

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?141269-How-to-make-Bullet-Dynamics-work-with-mdd-animation

Jack

Ztreem
03-14-2016, 02:53 PM
You can apply mdd files to your object with the node editor. Go to object properties- deform tab- displacement (node editor). In the node editor you add mdd displacement node under displacement.

jaxtone
03-14-2016, 03:19 PM
Hi Ztreem!

Does this work with Bullet exploded parts as well?

Ztreem
03-14-2016, 04:35 PM
Yes, if you save the bullet simulation as a mdd file.
It works best and easiest with a parts object.

prometheus
03-14-2016, 06:13 PM
I find it simpler to simply use clothfx and scan motion for saving mdd, and replaying it, though nodes might offer more control and power in the end...but itīs just one way to go, though you should definitly look in to nodes too.

You can simply add clothfx to your bullet part object in the object properties, and the old fx tab/file/scan motion, then turn off bullet dynamics.
Now..if you want a lot of boxes breaking, simply instance clone the fractured box, and in the cloth fx tab for that instance, change playback mode to local and hit play, try different speed or motion size while it is still running in playmode..and you will see the effect of the speed changes in realtime.