PDA

View Full Version : Unique instanced textures?

joseba
03-14-2016, 05:15 AM
Hi everybody.
Does anybody know how to make 5 instances with 5 "unique" textures? I mean instance 1 use image 1, instance 2 use image 2 and so on.
With the standard solution the fixed random value repeats the image.
Thanks in advance.

Sensei
03-14-2016, 05:31 AM
Use ID Index instead.. ?

You can also try Math > Scalar > Mod (Modulo).

joseba
03-14-2016, 06:36 AM
Thanks Sensei, i will try it.

joseba
03-16-2016, 03:49 AM
Nope Sensei. I can´t use the modulo node for this thing, i think. I don´t know what to try next. Maybe a matrix? instanceID 0 to gradient input 0,instanceID 1 to gradient input 1 ...

Sensei
03-16-2016, 04:08 AM
If you would use Clone Instance, or Clone,
you could do what I showed in this tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJHSPseh8hU

pinkmouse
03-16-2016, 04:14 AM
This the kind of thing you're after?

joseba
03-17-2016, 05:13 AM
I think so, pinkmouse. I need five different pictures in five instances (just one instancer, in rectangular array mode) with no repetitions, just in plain order.

pinkmouse
03-17-2016, 05:23 AM
That's that sorted then! :D

BTW, the colours in the gradient node are just to clarify the keys, they serve no actual purpose. ;)

tijgervisuals
03-18-2016, 05:04 PM
Just so you know... there IS a manual ;)

jeric_synergy
03-18-2016, 05:46 PM
Just so you know... there IS a manual ;)
Ooooo, burn! ;)

BeeVee
03-20-2016, 04:00 AM
Wait, what? Someone actually RTFM?! Will wonders ever cease?
/me swoons...

B

erikals
03-20-2016, 04:03 AM
manual... ?   ...googling it... i'll be back...
ah!!   http://forums.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=132973&d=1458342186

pinkmouse Thank you! http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/king.gif

http://forums.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=132924&d=1458123245

BeeVee
03-20-2016, 05:00 AM
Grrrr.... :D

B

jeric_synergy
03-20-2016, 11:36 AM
Well, it certainly doesn't help that Adobe seems to be screwing up the PDF Search facilities constantly.

prometheus
03-31-2016, 08:29 AM
I wonder if pdf documents is providing the fastest way of searching the manual for your desired area, vs other methods such as html documents online/offline?

I myself can get a bit frustrated that the searching through all pages can take too long time ..that´s my opinion, not sure if that depends on type of pdf viewer, or the share amount of pages, or the pdf compression?

One disadvantage about pdf´s ..though I generally like pdf´s..that seem to be the lack of ability to include animated gifs, gif´s can be very instructive if done right.

Michael

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it certainly doesn't help that Adobe seems to be screwing up the PDF Search facilities constantly.

What´s that?

BeeVee
03-31-2016, 08:59 AM
One disadvantage about pdf´s ..though I generally like pdf´s..that seem to be the lack of ability to include animated gifs, gif´s can be very instructive if done right.

The next version of the documentation is wiki-based, with GIFs, just for you. :)

B

prometheus
03-31-2016, 10:56 AM
The next version of the documentation is wiki-based, with GIFs, just for you. :)

B

That´s great, that may also be opened for submissions from users, to expand and cover it all a bit better perhaps, and users can fill in where they encounter missing parts.:thumbsup:

erikals
03-31-2016, 11:15 AM
if Giffing, you might want GifCam, might be of use...
http://blog.bahraniapps.com/gifcam

prometheus
03-31-2016, 01:34 PM
if Giffing, you might want GifCam, might be of use...
http://blog.bahraniapps.com/gifcam

Generally I just use photoshop and save out layers to web devices, but this might be handy...thanks.

spherical
03-31-2016, 04:38 PM
That´s great, that may also be opened for submissions from users, to expand and cover it all a bit better perhaps, and users can fill in where they encounter missing parts.:thumbsup:

As long as there is some moderation of entries, cool.

prometheus
03-31-2016, 05:38 PM

sometimes censoring is needed :)
Though in these cases it would be more of revision control that the facts are correct, and that it also will be presented nicely and good enough...perhaps also fitting in to the manuals general graphic template.

jeric_synergy
03-31-2016, 05:48 PM
As I've been requesting/suggesting for a decade.

spherical
03-31-2016, 10:44 PM
As I've been requesting/suggesting for a decade.

We know... :D

jeric_synergy
03-31-2016, 11:23 PM
We know... :D
Well, it finally worked, didn't it? ;)

spherical
04-01-2016, 12:12 AM
Now, wiki-based is nice and all, but we REALLY need an offline manual to complement it. All this dependence upon everyone begin assumed to have constant Internet access that will never go down is rubbish. One of the main reasons why "the Cloud" - Emperor's New Clothes of computing - is not necessarily a great idea. One DDOS and your whole production day(s) is/are toast.

prometheus
04-01-2016, 08:59 AM
Now, wiki-based is nice and all, but we REALLY need an offline manual to complement it. All this dependence upon everyone begin assumed to have constant Internet access that will never go down is rubbish. One of the main reasons why "the Cloud" - Emperor's New Clothes of computing - is not necessarily a great idea. One DDOS and your whole production day(s) is/are toast.

I see both as important, it would mean more work to maintain both, but only offline will not be good enough..simple as that, as you mentioned.
A complementary pdf is probably essential too..when internet isn´t accessable, though the online wike might be the one to focus on getting as comprehensive as possible.

I just did a search in the pfd docs of 2015 on these..but not results returned.
1. fill solid
2. flockbaker

The fill solid tool is hidden, so not many users will find it..(fills geometry with points in modeler)
the flockbacker, isn´t available in the layout menu..it is hidden under the additional list, it can be used to bake out the flocking agents, so you get nulls and keyframes, from there you can select the nulls and make them kinematic force for instance, if you want to use flocking to hit a brick wall etc, it can be nice to know since the fx linker can not recognize flocking particles as I know of.

Now there´s just some few samples I could provide additional help info with on a wiki page, and thus it would be more complete with just a little time effort, and the same process is probably valid for many other users finding tools or parts in the document that is hidden or missing, it is a bit of a shame that help information should take several months or years to complete it´s missing parts.

jeric_synergy
04-01-2016, 09:14 AM
Offline has always been a component of MY strategy. Is there not an existing methodology for incrementally DL'ing updates and reading a WIKI offline?

Now that my memory is jogged, I remember running this by an actual tech-support writer, and she suggested various s/w packages that do that kind of thing. And that was like 7 years ago (min.).

Optimum: WIKI like dox, originally derived from existing PDF manual, with facilities for users to make moderated contributions and enhancements, dynamically & incrementally updateable.

The REALLY gold-plated one trolls its links and flags those that appear problematical.