PDA

View Full Version : NAB 2016 Meetup?

fgolman
03-10-2016, 01:41 PM
Anyone going out to NAB this year?

I will and would love to meet up with other users and compare notes, swap stories and enjoy the warm glow of the TriCaster community!

I'm going to be often in the AccuWeather booth, which is just a couple of booths away from the NewTek "city" ;-)

Feel free to drop me a note and maybe arrange something. I will be in Vegas Sunday to Thursday, although I do know I will have some other meetings scheduled throughout the duration that I must attend to as well as, naturally, touring the exhibition.

Cheers!

Fritz Golman
Museum of Broadcast Communications

PIZAZZ
03-11-2016, 02:07 PM
Sounds great to me Fritz. I plan on being there Sun-Tues with Sun night being tied up with NewTek dealer stuff. I have missed the last 2 years of NAB so I am really looking forward to getting back to the show.

ACross
03-16-2016, 04:20 PM
If someone wants to set this up ... I will be there.

Potimus
03-16-2016, 08:57 PM
With all the NDI talk I decided to buy a plane ticket this morning. I have never been to NAB before but I'm really looking forward to seeing all things NDI. I swear people around me are tired of hearing about all the NDI stuff.

What are some suggestions of things to make sure I don't miss?

ACross
03-16-2016, 09:27 PM
With all the NDI talk I decided to buy a plane ticket this morning. I have never been to NAB before but I'm really looking forward to seeing all things NDI. I swear people around me are tired of hearing about all the NDI stuff. What are some suggestions of things to make sure I don't miss?

This is what I would personally look at ... Come and check out TriCaster on the booth, I hope we will have it attached both to loads of other on the booth TC units but also to a lot of other products. There is going to be a NewTek partner pavilion on the "NAB Show Experience" that will have a whole bunch of our companies we have been working with on NDI and they will be showing their systems all working together and with ours (NAB Show Experience is run on a TC, so you'll see that all on IP as well). I don't want to say to much, but keep a close eye on NDI Connect as well and make sure you get a demo of everything that can do ... it is one of the bigger parts of moving to IP video because it starts to allow anyone to mix all of the pieces together. Keep an eye out between now and NAB because there are a good number of companies who will talk about NDI related products, I need to show them the respect of not saying anything about it until they announce ... but there are some cool things coming.

At a slightly personal note, and as someone who was more than intricately involved in NDI and the IP workflow and vision of TC, what I can say is that I obviously knew how every part of how this would all come together and how it should all work together. The reality though is that everyone I have talked to who have actually now used it in any mid sized environment, and my personal experience is that when you put all this together it becomes something totally different than you might imagine. Even though I knew what all of this would be it very much feels like the future of video in a way that I did not expect.

At a high level, the reason that NewTek have pushed so hard into IP is that this clearly is the future of our industry. In 10 years time, who knows what video resolution we'll all be using (4k, 8k, 3D?) ... but what I do know is that we'll be doing it over IP. This is one of the big changes that we will see and I honestly believe that NewTek are the leader in terms of setting our a true IP vision, putting it in products that you guys have today and getting a huge number of other companies on board to help work with it. I am proud of what we have done.

Andrew

Potimus
03-16-2016, 11:17 PM
Yes Newtek will be at the top of the list. Since I first found out about tricasters I have been consistently blown away with what you have done. The abilities that you have given us "little guys" is extraordinary. I never would have thought 7 years ago I would be able to broadcast live games. And now there is so much more.

AMathews16
03-25-2016, 11:38 AM
Dang. I wont be there this year but my Audio technician will be there for sure!! I will be there for sure next year! Enjoy it guys!

Snowjogging
04-17-2016, 09:04 AM
Hi

We are a Swedish production company who are into streaming and broadcasting of Sports, seminars, award shows and much more. Two of 7 persons are going to NAB and will be there monday until wednesday.

We would Love to meet other people with interest in newtek producera and lots of stores to share.

If anyone would care to arrange a spontaneus user meetup that would be great.

Hope to see lots of newtek users at NAB!

Cheers Andreas

webslave
04-17-2016, 05:29 PM
Anyone keen to grab a drink and talk shop tonight? We will be hitting the SVG pre-game at 8pm but would happily grab a drink and a chat on all things Tricaster somewhere in the area around 7pm if you're keen?