PDA

View Full Version : Prebuilt Basic Animation Rig

ShadowMystic
03-09-2016, 11:56 AM
Hello!

It has been a long time since I've been on the forums, and I haven't used Lightwave3D extensively in I don't know how long...

I want to get back to 3D as a hobby as I've missed the creative outlet. I am looking for (if one exists) a basic prebuilt bipedal animation rig that would be good for learning and practicing with the new animation tools and method. It doesn't need to be animation demo reel ready or anything of that nature. It really is just for fun and learning.

I do have Lightwave3D 2015 if that makes a difference.

RebelHill
03-09-2016, 12:21 PM
ding... http://rebelhill.net/html/shares.html

and ding... http://rebelhill.net/html/rha.html

Spinland
03-10-2016, 06:48 AM
Take his links to the bank. I'm a heavy user both (in the past) of Genoma and (currently) of Rhiggit and IMNSDHO Rhiggit blows the doors off the LW character rigging wagon. His free stuff is great but I also recommend you scrape up the filthy lucre to buy everything he's selling (including his nodal stuff). It's just that good and even as a hobbyist I consider it a good buy and you'd have a blast rigging other types of characters once you get rolling.

prometheus
03-10-2016, 08:02 AM
Note to Rebelhill..

Your link to cmiVFX isnīt quite correct, the link adress shows this....
http://cmivfx.com/tutorials/view/440 ... and there isnīt any info on the GI tute there.

The correct path should be...
https://cmivfx.com/store/440-lightwave-flicker-free-animated-radiosity

chikega
03-12-2016, 06:58 PM
What Spinland said ... truth!:thumbsup:

jwiede
03-12-2016, 08:34 PM
What Spinland said ... truth!:thumbsup:

Agree 100%, all RebelHill's tutorials are excellent! I consider RHN (nodes), RHR (rigging), and RHA (animation) must-have tutorials for LW users interested in those areas.

Also, I definitely recommend Rhiggit! (Pro, ideally), I find it enables a more flexible and efficient CA rigging workflow in general than LW's Genoma.

jeric_synergy
03-12-2016, 10:45 PM
It's like buying a WACOM tablet: just go ahead and buy RebelHill's stuff, you just save time.

Spinland
03-13-2016, 04:39 AM
It's like buying a WACOM tablet: just go ahead and buy RebelHill's stuff, you just save time.

Heh. It's funny: I've had my Wacom Intuos for several years but apart from some Photoshop work it's mostly gathered dust; that is, until the past month or so as I've gotten more into sculpting in addition to more traditional modeling methods. Now it's become indispensable to my workflow.

Before, I just never felt as comfortable dragging points around with the pen as with a good high-res mouse. Diff'rent drummer. :D

jeric_synergy
03-13-2016, 01:30 PM
Before, I just never felt as comfortable dragging points around with the pen as with a good high-res mouse. Diff'rent drummer. :D
Oh, I hate using LW with a tablet: but, if you're going to buy a tablet, just/only buy a WACOM.

Mine often gathers dust, but then a bunch of PS work crops up and it justifies itself many times over.

chikega
03-13-2016, 02:10 PM
Duplicate post

chikega
03-13-2016, 02:21 PM
I downloaded the Shared RH rigs to play with ... and I get the following error: "No plug-in of the type Item Motion Handler found with name MathMotion" for all of them except Adam.

RebelHill
03-13-2016, 02:21 PM
yeah yeah... ignore it.

chikega
03-13-2016, 02:28 PM
OK Thanks RebelHill! The Lscripts that turn the Hulk Rig on/off, Squash n Stretch on/off and Deforms on/off is pretty darn cool. :)

Spinland
03-13-2016, 02:59 PM
if you're going to buy a tablet, just/only buy a WACOM.

Heh. Are there any other kinds? ;)

Seriously, yeah, totally agree. I have the large Intuos 4 and wouldn't have anything less. Cintiqs are marvelous but too spendy for me.

JamesCurtis
03-15-2016, 01:07 PM
Maybe take a look at the ones that Monoprice.com sells. The one that I'm interested in cost about $600 USD.

ShadowMystic
03-17-2016, 10:07 PM
Sorry for the delayed response. Work always keeps me busy... Somehow I knew if RebelHill was still around, you'd chime in. I was hoping for something super simple like that of the Animation Mentor rig, but I will look at your stuff. Animation is so much fun, but I have too much to do an too little time. If I try to do animation and 3D printing, it will take all of my time...

Cheers. Thanks for the quick answers.