PDA

View Full Version : Baking Bullet Dynamics as simple Pos/Rot keys?

Brazilian
03-07-2016, 12:05 PM
I have a simple Bullet setup with a single Rigid object and a single Kinematic object (the former my 'main' object, a toybox, and the latter an invisible 'ground' which I animate popping up a few times to make the box leap up and bounce back on the floor.)

I have the simulation working the way I want, and the main (rigid) object ultimately lands/rests in a decent place where I want it. I see that Bullet makes a .dynacache file, but I don't see it referenced anywhere in my scene file.. so will this cache even get loaded by Screamernet nodes when I go to network render it?

I would like to bake this thing so I have its exact motion and not worry about the simulation getting overwritten with a different solve accidentally somewhere along the line.

I know I can Export > MD Multibaker and make an MD file to really bake the motion, but part 2 of my problem is I also ultimately need to parent a bunch of other objects to my main bouncing box. Since it's a Rigid object, ideally I'd like to be able to just freeze it into simple Position XYZ and Rotation HPB keyframes so I can both freeze the motion as-is and still be able to parent things to it.

Motion Baker doesn't seem to work since Bullet appears to operate "outside" of everything else -- Motion Baker doesn't see anything as moving.

Is there a trick to this?

Brazilian
03-07-2016, 05:17 PM
Nevermind, got it..
Finally came across MentalFish Motion Baker (http://mentalfish.com/2009/09/motion-baker/) which, as it says, works.

Bacon saved.