PDA

View Full Version : LWM: auto-turn off visibility on unnamed layers? LAYER NAMING/VISIBILITY UTILITY.

jeric_synergy
03-06-2016, 01:18 PM
FEATURE/SCRIPT REQUEST:

Personally, I would find it convenient to have a script that would TURN OFF visibility (ie "the eyeball") for all UN-NAMED Layers.

I almost never want an unnamed Layer to be exported. (had more ideas, but they need more baking before posting.....)

I find the naming/activating tasks more annoying than I think they should be. No range select contributes mightily to that.

ernpchan
03-06-2016, 09:11 PM
The ability to change the visibility state needs to be added to the sdk. Currently you can only query the state.

jeric_synergy
03-06-2016, 09:24 PM
The ability to change the visibility state needs to be added to the sdk. Currently you can only query the state.
Aiyiyi... not in there at all, even for *.p plugins?

J.F.C.

ernpchan
03-06-2016, 09:42 PM
I couldn't find it in the sdk on the scripting side. I submitted a feature request awhile ago. Pretty sure they confirmed it doesn't exist.

jeric_synergy
03-06-2016, 09:57 PM
::sigh::

iain_r
03-09-2016, 05:50 AM
Alternatively you can set visibility and whether it renders in layout. Check out evenflows "ef ItemVisibilityToggle" script. Commands are simple enough, ItemActive and ItemVisibility, a setting of 0 (zero) switches off visibility and active state.

I spent a while going through the SDK, even creating test scripts/plugins, and it's a pain that so many functions are not available.

Regards

Iain

jeric_synergy
03-09-2016, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, but: even though I'm SOL on the function (THAAANKS, lame-a** SDK), the idea (that is not possible) is to prevent the Layers from getting to Layout at all. *

Most on the eyeball-off layers are just temp/storage/reference.

I spent a while going through the SDK, even creating test scripts/plugins, and it's a pain that so many functions are not available.
Iain
Agree 1000%. :devil:

*well, really the idea is to make using the Layers Panel more convenient. Whatevz.