PDA

View Full Version : Unlock surface preset libraries

rikka+
03-05-2016, 09:15 AM
Hello lwers,
i've made a search but haven't found nothing about.
I would like to clean up the preset library from lots of categories that i never use, but the small lock prevents me to do it (everything in the library menu is greyed out), how can i unlock that?
Thank you :)

Aww167
03-05-2016, 09:46 AM
Have you tried deleting individual presets from the presets folder in the Newtek/Lightwave_2015/support/presets/surface_editor/surface_presets folder, or better remove them to a separate folder somewhere in case you decide to re-use them again in future? You might need to change the folder permissions to do this. I haven't tried it myself but looking at the interface and presets shelf window, there doesn't seem to be an option there. Perhaps someone else here knows different? Personally, the more presets I have, the better for the choices I might need to make but I can understand why you might want to do this.

spherical
03-05-2016, 10:43 PM
The Built-In ones are installed in the LightWave installation location tree and are not able to be modified. If you want to modify/delete some, you can move the set to your /Users/[username]/.NewTek/LightWave/[version_number]/presets directory, where all of the user-saved presets are stored.

rikka+
03-06-2016, 04:01 AM
I've tried to delete them but they always come back, ok so i'll keep them... but honestly i think that the 90% of this built-in presets are really obsolete and dated. Anyway thank you for reply :)

spherical
03-06-2016, 02:55 PM
If you remove selected files, as Aww167 suggested, they can't come back unless you do a re-install.