PDA

View Full Version : EPSF w/ LW7 - questions

SNHU2007
12-10-2003, 04:32 PM
hi im new to lightwave and have been trying to import a .EPS file into lightwave modeler. Below is the graphic i would like to be able to use in the modeler. I save the graphic in Adobe Illustrator as a .EPS and save it for version 8, but when i go to load the image in the modeler via the EPSF plugin, nothing happens. Like i said im new, so i know i must be doing something wrong, if anyone can help me out by getting the below image into the modeler let me know how you did it! thanks in advance.

http://www.xportmedia.com/SNHUlogo-flower-only-4Inch.bmp

AngelDream
12-10-2003, 05:06 PM
I had the same trouble, but I learned that in order to use a vector file in LW, you must save it as a version 6 .ai file. I think that adobe illustrator version 7 works too. Just a tip: check the AutoAxis Drill check box in EPSF importer and Modeler will drill the holes just like you see them in your original .ai file. Remember, .ai file, version 6. Hope this works for you, have fun

SNHU2007
12-10-2003, 05:49 PM
thanks angel for the tips, but again i did not get the graphic to show up in lightwave, please see if you can get the graphic to show up and post back, thanks

http://www.xportmedia.com/online.jpg

CMP 2003
12-10-2003, 07:08 PM
when i import eps files, i usually save them as an

EPS type 1 or something like that, it works for me, and not to insult you but mabye your looking at the wrong side of the polygons, and cant see it

SNHU2007
12-10-2003, 07:53 PM
i rotate the view all around after i click ok (when using EPSF) and still dont see a thing.. :( if someone could use the graphic in my 1st post and try to get it to show up in modeler, then tell me how you did it that would rock. thanks

AngelDream
12-11-2003, 09:08 PM
I don't really know what might be the problem, but it works if you use a version 6 .ai file. Perhaps you should reload the plug-in, dumb idea but who knows? I've used it many times so I'm definitely sure it works. Just a tip for Illustrator, save only the paths that forms the shape of your object, not background, not nothing else, if they are some compound paths maybe you should try converting them to something simpler, hope it works!!!

Elio.

SNHU2007
12-12-2003, 04:02 AM
hey got it to work! i just was not using Illustrator correctly.. thanks for the responces, great forums you guys have going, im a freshman in college going for a major in Digital Media and i have taken it upon myself to learn lightwave in my spare time.