PDA

View Full Version : FBX, import failure!

jaxtone
03-03-2016, 04:20 AM
Hi guys!

I recently exported a simple froggy creature from DAZ into Lightwave and for the first time in a long time I donīt get how the export/import functions collaborate between DAZ and Lightwave. What the heck is that froggy type doing?

Please see attached file and get back to me if you understand whatīs happend!

I also sent a ticket to tech support at DAZ but they seem to be very slow... so its just a chance taking hope that someone in here can solve this riddle!

Jack

P.S. I know I saw a thread in here at the forum about how to edit the bones into real inverse kinematics a while ago. That might be of interest in a nearby future to learn more about but this froggy little bastard was just my hope for a fast solution to a backstreet scene with a little girl for my demo. But, if anyone knows more about the IK thing connected to DAZ animated stuff Iīll be glad for that info to.

magiclight
03-03-2016, 05:24 AM
I have no LW here at the moment so I have not looked at it, but if the rigging is messed up I know what you mean, DS mess up FBX files sometimes, especially if it is older CR2 rigs, almost all "modern" daz characters import just fine into Lightwave.

There is not much to do, you have to edit the bones/joints and also check for scaled bones/joints.

Once the rig is correct you can use it with IK booster without problems, otherwise you can always dump the rig and use Genoma instead, all the weight maps are there so it's not that much work (well a frog might be a little more work ;)

jaxtone
03-04-2016, 06:00 AM
Whoa! Probably you are right about old DAZ material. Have sent them a support ticket!

prometheus
03-04-2016, 10:14 PM
yeah..I think I started that thread about using ik booster, itīs there somewhere.

Just wanted to mention this, which isnīt related to editing after keyframe animations, but it is needed as well.

the skeleton will be offset from the mesh if you try and apply ik booster as it is...
so open the scene editior and delete these two bone items...

delete fbx_base_bone_transformer..
delete genesis bone..

keep fbx_bone_hiearchy_standin, and keep the genesis shape of course, itīs just the two bone items above that seems to need to be deleted, then apply ik booster on the fbx_bone hiearchy_standin, and you should now be able to move the daz figure without the skeleton getting any offset from the actual figure mesh.

Michael