PDA

View Full Version : Maya FBX scene into LW changes camera aspect

djwaterman
03-02-2016, 09:47 AM
I have this Maya FBX scene that has a camera frame at 4096 by 1536 pixels, when I load it into Lightwave the camera is set at 960 by 540 pixels. If I play around with camera settings then specific markers placed in the scene no longer correctly match the background plate photography. Is this normal that the camera settings don't automatically match and something else needs to be done to make it work. Kinda urgent.

GraphXs
03-02-2016, 03:41 PM
It could be the horizontal fov that needs to be updated. Find out what the maya camera was set at and match that value in lw. Pixels then should be 1to 1.

djwaterman
03-02-2016, 08:56 PM
Thanks, although LW is showing the same setting as Maya, I think the Maya artist has set the scene up at 640 by 480, and I had assumed it would be set to match the background plate, but the BG plate is shrunk to fit the small Maya scene. Also, when that BG plate comes into LW it stretches vertically to fill the frame, which distorts the panorama and none of the camera trackers matched. I had to render out a special BG plate out of AE to put a letter box on it so that I could bring it back into LW without distortion. Now everything matches, and I will just render out with the multiplier set to 400%.

djwaterman
03-02-2016, 09:19 PM
Now properly sorted. I changed the resolution of the Maya scene and exported that as an FBX, now it all comes into LW as expected, I can use the original un-letter-boxed background plate as well. This now means when I export from LW to AE I wont have to do anymore weird conversions.

magiclight
03-03-2016, 05:20 AM
Doesn't that take all the fun out if it :D

js33
03-03-2016, 05:20 PM
doesn't that take all the fun out if it :d

:D:D:D:thumbsup: