PDA

View Full Version : latest Image Editor window in Layout v2015/2016

sami
02-22-2016, 05:15 PM
Just wondering (yes I know I haven't upgraded to 2015 yet - it hasn't seemed compelling - kinda like v10 - so I'm still on 11.6.3), are there any improvements to the Image Editor window in Layout?

Particularly I'm hoping for the ability to right click on an image entry and see "Open in Folder" (or Finder for Mac) - at present there is only Delete in the context menu. Yes, I know proper scene organization is important, but sometimes when working with scene files from others with tons of versions, it may not be apparent what particular named file is loaded for a particular image. It would be nice if I can just zip over to the file of what's open in Layout in case I need to edit or determine which version is being used in this particular scene.

Any improvements there? thanks :)

spherical
02-22-2016, 08:39 PM
No changes. You can hit the Replace button, however, and it opens the file's location.

rustythe1
02-23-2016, 01:24 AM
nice tip, I have had many occasions where I needed to find an image as they are spread far an wide, never occurred to me to do it that way!

iain_r
02-23-2016, 03:13 AM
If you want to find out what images you have in a scene you can try this plugin, it's 32bit and 64bit and works from 11.5. Lists the scene filename, objects and images. I wrote this for someone a while back.

Regards

Iain

BeeVee
02-23-2016, 04:23 AM
Also, if you use Package Scene you will regroup everything in a proper content directory - Images, Objects, Scenes. Also vital if you are to use a rendering service or to pass content to others.

B

BokadCastle
02-23-2016, 04:52 AM
Yes, just to elaborate on content directory, in Layout go to Edit > Paths Options - create a content directory and hit 'Create Directories' button and a list of sub-folders is automatically created, one of which will be 'Images'.
Your packaged scene will place the random images there.

sami
02-23-2016, 12:47 PM
If you want to find out what images you have in a scene you can try this plugin, it's 32bit and 64bit and works from 11.5. Lists the scene filename, objects and images. I wrote this for someone a while back.

Regards

Iain

awesome - thanks! Trying it now. Would be nice to have the links to the folders in context though - I use that so often in web browsers and Unity etc where "Open in Folder" is so helpful. Your plugin sounds very useful though!

tonyrizo2003
02-26-2016, 08:43 PM
you might try this plugin http://www2.trueart.pl/?URIType=Directory&URI=Products/Plug-Ins/AutoUpdateImages

erikals
02-27-2016, 12:01 AM
Also, if you use Package Scene you will regroup everything in a proper content directory - Images, Objects, Scenes...B

Package Scene Rocks! http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/smile.gif

meshpig
02-27-2016, 11:44 PM
Even so, a show in finder/import asset would be handy. Well, sort of.