PDA

View Full Version : Remote Tricaster Operation

blur494
02-22-2016, 09:07 AM
I am not sure if this should be under Support or Feature requests but here it goes. I would love to be able to set the Tricaster up at a venue as a server then have a TD receive a stream of the GUI to a computer at a office with the control surface plugged in. I know NewTek can use the support tool to remotely access the Tricaster but I would still need to be able to attach the CS to the client computer.

PIZAZZ
02-22-2016, 02:02 PM
Depends on how remote you are talking about. Are you talking about across the city or state or country?

If you are talking about inside the same building, then you can use a network based KVM extension. We have done that several times in the past. Look into Avocent or Black Box units. If you want to have the Control Surface remotely located then you need to make sure the KVM supports USB. I would suggest the Dual Monitor DVI versions too.

blur494
02-22-2016, 03:02 PM
Depends on how remote you are talking about. Are you talking about across the city or state or country?

On a WAN connection across multiple states.

PIZAZZ
02-22-2016, 03:37 PM
On a WAN connection across multiple states.

You will need to do something different then. I would suggest a different Black Box solution then that does remote KVM over IP. In a nutshell, the BlackBox will be a virtual terminal and you will use something like VNC to access the BlackBox from a computer. The challenge that comes in is the USB connectivity for the Control Surface. You might be able to accomplish that or might not. A HID keyboard impersonator like an Xkeys device would definitely be able to send Keyboard shortcuts through the internet and the remote KVM over IP solution. Not sure if the CS would be able to do that.

blur494
02-22-2016, 04:02 PM
You will need to do something different then. I would suggest a different Black Box solution then that does remote KVM over IP. In a nutshell, the BlackBox will be a virtual terminal and you will use something like VNC to access the BlackBox from a computer. The challenge that comes in is the USB connectivity for the Control Surface. You might be able to accomplish that or might not. A HID keyboard impersonator like an Xkeys device would definitely be able to send Keyboard shortcuts through the internet and the remote KVM over IP solution. Not sure if the CS would be able to do that.

This is what I figured which is why its in the feature requests. Getting a keyboard and mouse to interact is relatively simple, getting the CS signals is the difficult part.