PDA

View Full Version : Meshmixer...free software from autodesk

prometheus
02-19-2016, 04:58 PM
some new stuff...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCgP8VLFaz4

- - - Updated - - -

old stuff..mixing meshes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8V9UnaD0Hc&list=PLu8TYSQ5jCFjdQBHsLoybhdKXOTmpTRlb&index=5

vector
02-19-2016, 11:59 PM
Nice for preparing 3d printings. Thanks

prometheus
02-20-2016, 12:34 AM
It seems nice to do sculptings with too, the grab tool is nice and works as the snake hook in blender or in zbrush...so one can draw tentacles, through in heads from the part library, and you got the hydra engine (not lightwave) :)

So that was my first doodle, also tested a simple box in lightwave, divided to 24000 polys, then used the texture options in lighwave to size up with dp rock, then send it to mesh mixer as it is (obj format), then I throwed in a head, then a torso boyd with head from the mesh mixer parts library..so that is the other images, then exported back to lightwave.

I will try to merge different rock variations maybe and see how that goes, seems promising.

It would probably be nicer to have metamesh, but this will do fine for now...and itīs all for free.

erikals
02-20-2016, 01:20 AM
It would probably be nicer to have metamesh...

well, Modeler is quite slow for highres models, so in this particular case, not so sure...

prometheus
02-20-2016, 02:41 AM
well, Modeler is quite slow for highres models, so in this particular case, not so sure...

Depends on what workflow You adapt I guess, there are lot of main shapes you can keep at low level..and actually more effectivly as such..and using metamesh, the workflow speed is probably way better with metamesh, as you can translate way more easier than it seems possible with meshmixer, thatīs the part I dont like about it.

I found out that the scultiong tools however..those will be quite decent for rock sculpting, I will show more on that in the special thread we got for rock creation techniques, so if you donīt fancy blender...try meshmixer, especially grab brush, and also swith to surface mode and use the drawmax, with stencil on, then also use flatten here and there, you can also cut out pieces similar to zbrush cut brush, in meshmixer you should use the select tool lasso then edit erase/fill.