PDA

View Full Version : A couple of DFX+ issues.

Notepad
12-10-2003, 12:17 PM
I just got Digital Fusion, but I'm having a couple problems with it. For starters, when I scrub or scroll the Timeline, things constantly vanish from sight. The only way to get them back is to switch tabs and then switch back to the timeline every single time.

It's a little time consuming to have to do this constantly. Does anyone happen to know what's going on with this?

I have an ATI graphcis card and Win2k on this computer.

Also, trying to go through the Coursware tutorials, but when I got to Chapter 7, Adding a Path, it tells me to toss Merge 9 into the window and you should be able to see the footage. But when I do that, I see nothing but a black screen. I can't seem to get the UFO_Blast footage to appear.

Anyone know what's going on with that?

I checked the eyeon website, but didn't see any forums or more appropriate communities to post in, so I'm posting here. :)

Thanks,

Note

UnCommonGrafx
12-10-2003, 02:59 PM
I'll help you out as best I can. You mind sharing the flow to diagnose? Give a link to it and some might be able to sus it out.

I think your graphics card might have something to do with it as well as your overall system; but of course, that's just supposition on my part. :rolleyes:

The way you say it is kinda funny, too, particularly when taken literally. :D Does the world disappear, the monitor, a portion of dfx... not being a smart arse, mind you, just tryign to help you help us diagnose the problem.
That should get things rolling, Note.

satya
12-10-2003, 07:19 PM
Note

I also don't know what to make out of "thing" or "disappear" - what things? And does your whole screen go blank or only the monitor windows?

Now - when you "scrub" the time line does a small "green" light glow in the "Render" button. If it is glowing then DFX is trying to render your frame (s)! So, you don't see it in the monitor window. You can't "scrub" in real time in DFX.

Check where you have the UFO_Blast footage on your timeline. Do the same with the Merge 9 tool. Is the output of the previous Merge/other tool visible when you drag it into the monitor window? Are any of the Merge tools "red" in color?

... some thoguhts ...

Satya

KOlson
12-11-2003, 10:38 AM
Maybe this is normal but here goes anyway... the buttons below the flow viewports act strangely when clicked. They don't "toggle" and stay when clicked unless I click them and hold the button and move the mouse off of it. Any ideas?

UnCommonGrafx
12-11-2003, 12:14 PM
Double-click, as they suggest in the manual.

KOlson
12-11-2003, 08:21 PM
Ahh my bad, guess I should have looked a little closer, thats what I get. Thanks :)

Hehe, slipped again

UnCommonGrafx
12-11-2003, 08:26 PM
elcome.

hiccup...:p

Notepad
12-21-2003, 12:59 AM
Sorry for the total lack of follow-up to this thread, but I did figure out the issues.

The original problem with items vanishing from the timeline as I scrub and scroll is a problem with the ATI card. This doesnt happen on my home machine with an Nvidia card in it.

The other problem was just the fact that I have to "fix" all the coursware projects that I copied off the DVD rom. When I try to load them off the hard drive, the project can't seem to find any of it's assets, so I manually have to point it to the right place for each item in the project. Is that normal or am I doing something wrong there, too?

I've got another question on top of that.

I've been trying to experiment with .RLA files with Z-depth information in it. The file comes from a render I did in Lightwave with the Extended RLA plugin. when I load the file into DFX+, I don't see any of the menus that are listed in the manuals. I can't seem to be able to figure out how to get this stuff to work. Any suggestions there?

I'm assuming that the included modules are automatically installed along with the default instalation off the CDrom, correct?

UnCommonGrafx
12-21-2003, 06:35 AM
Get in touch with the eyeon folks; I had the same problem, initially, that all the modules weren't turned on. Something within the license that didn't activate them.

They are your best bet on that one.

Good to see you up and rolling.