PDA

View Full Version : Have anyone used a BMD Videohub connected to a TriCaster using NDI?

dpavid
02-17-2016, 11:21 PM
Is it possible to connect a BMD Smart Videohub to a TriCaster via NDI and be able to assign the inputs to create additional inputs sources?

kanep
02-18-2016, 01:23 AM
NDI doesn't need specially designed video routers, it just uses your IP router to send video between devices. If you are looking at getting more inputs into a TriCaster via NDI, then a BMD Decklink card would be what need (or AJA, Deltacast or use another TriCaster).

You can still use a Videohub to handle SDI sources along side NDI.

skdvr
02-18-2016, 12:34 PM
NDI doesn't need specially designed video routers, it just uses your IP router to send video between devices. If you are looking at getting more inputs into a TriCaster via NDI, then a BMD Decklink card would be what need (or AJA, Deltacast or use another TriCaster).

You can still use a Videohub to handle SDI sources along side NDI.

So if you had 2 of the BMD Decklink cards in a computer, and that computer was running iVGA could the tricaster see both cameras?

Thanks,
Phil

SBowie
02-18-2016, 01:24 PM
iVGA is not an NDI-enabled app. The way to do this would be to use NDI Connect Pro (not yet released, but in late stage development), which supports 4 hardware inputs (among other things). For up to two connections, you could use the free version of NDI Connect.

skdvr
02-18-2016, 01:44 PM
iVGA is not an NDI-enabled app. The way to do this would be to use NDI Connect Pro (not yet released, but in late stage development), which supports 4 hardware inputs (among other things). For up to two connections, you could use the free version of NDI Connect.

Thanks Steve! I am anxiously awaiting all this stuff. Any idea on when the newest version of AE and/or NDI Connect Pro are going to be released?

Phil

SBowie
02-18-2016, 02:43 PM
Yes. (But my ideas are often overly optimistic, and if I share them I will both almost certainly ensure unexpected delays and my execution, not necessarily in that order.)

skdvr
02-18-2016, 03:30 PM
Yes. (But my ideas are often overly optimistic, and if I share them I will both almost certainly ensure unexpected delays and my execution, not necessarily in that order.)

Absolutely! ;)

Thanks
Phil

skdvr
02-19-2016, 05:06 AM

Steve,

One more thing for you to be Overly Optimistic about and certain to cause delay about. Do you have any idea if there will be the ability to add Com in the mix with NDI?

Thanks,
Phil

SBowie
02-19-2016, 06:42 AM
The NDI spec supports ancillary channels, meta data, etc., but I don't have any information about impending implementations that take advantage of those capabilities yet (apart from tally through the NDI chain. which is already in there).

skdvr
02-21-2016, 08:19 AM
The NDI spec supports ancillary channels, meta data, etc., but I don't have any information about impending implementations that take advantage of those capabilities yet (apart from tally through the NDI chain. which is already in there).

Thank you sir!

Phil

blur494
02-29-2016, 04:12 PM
I know this is a bit off topic but I would avoid BMD routers, I have personally gone through 4 different units (both old design and new).