PDA

View Full Version : Is Modeler viewport the same in latest 2015/16? Any improvements?

sami
02-16-2016, 06:30 AM
Just wondering if LW Modeler viewport display is improved at all in the latest 2015 (or upcoming 2016) version as compared to 11.6.3?

Particularly I'm interested in any visual improvements to the viewport rendering like better Texture Wire shaded rendering - like can I see Sketch Color/Wireframe color antialiased? Is there also any better lighting or adjustable lighting in the viewports? I like the way 3D Coat's wireframes with textures look and how they interact with the light and are fully antialiased.

This would be something I would upgrade for. I don't intend here to open up a can of worms about Modeler isn't getting love or how Modeler will be retired after it's integrated. I don't really care about that - just want to know what's available now or very soon in regards to this.

thanks! :)

hrgiger
02-16-2016, 07:43 AM
There are a few GUI enhancements (like the morph map HUD) but for all intents and purposes, I don't think much has changed since version 11. Which isn't really surprising since they appear to be moving towards Layout. Theyve shown a few new modeling tools and the layout camera viewport in modeler for 2016 but there is no info on if anything else is changed yet about modeler.

sami
02-16-2016, 07:57 AM
So not even antialiasing on the texture wires themselves yet?? Bummer. I know you can AA the Modeler Grid - but the not texture wires ... :-/

Snosrap
02-16-2016, 11:12 AM
No reason to slow Modeler's viewport even more. :) I think we need to wait till 2017 and beyond. ChronoSculpt doesn't even offer those features yet and it has a very advanced viewport performance.

Ztreem
02-16-2016, 12:54 PM
So not even antialiasing on the texture wires themselves yet?? Bummer. I know you can AA the Modeler Grid - but the not texture wires ... :-/

AA in modeler can be forced through the Nvidia control panel.

Snosrap
02-16-2016, 04:19 PM
There are a few GUI enhancements (like the morph map HUD) That actually is really nice!

sami
02-17-2016, 12:54 AM
AA in modeler can be forced through the Nvidia control panel.

Thanks - I'll try that!

jwiede
02-17-2016, 04:27 AM
Thanks - I'll try that!

It's still more efficient (and likely a much lesser performance hit) for LW to explicitly configure the OGL context just to AA the textured lines drawn, so worth requesting even if the driver-config-based approach is a viable workaround.