Directing, Mad Max: Fury Road
Visual Effects, Mad Max: Fury Road
Makeup and Hairstyling, Mad Max: Fury Road
Cinematography, Mad Max: Fury Road
Film Editing, Mad Max: Fury Road
Sound Mixing, Mad Max: Fury Road
Production Design, Mad Max: Fury Road
Sound Editing, Mad Max: Fury Road

After two hours of a warm bucket of lunacy thrown constantly into ma face, I with a ritcus grin,
do declare I loved it, like David Lean on Acid & Ketamine!!!

What do U guys think it will garner (win) ?

Chris S. (Fez)
02-12-2016, 07:38 PM
Here is the list

RELATED "MAD MAX: FURY ROAD" OSCAR NOMINEES
Costume Design, Mad Max: Fury Road
Directing, Mad Max: Fury Road
Visual Effects, Mad Max: Fury Road
Makeup and Hairstyling, Mad Max: Fury Road
Cinematography, Mad Max: Fury Road
Film Editing, Mad Max: Fury Road
Sound Mixing, Mad Max: Fury Road
Production Design, Mad Max: Fury Road
Sound Editing, Mad Max: Fury Road

After two hours of a warm bucket of lunacy thrown constantly into ma face, I with a ritcus grin,
do declare I loved it, like David Lean on Acid & Ketamine!!!

What do U guys think it will garner (win) ?

Impressive haul of nominations. Looking at all that sound stuff...regret not paying more to see the movie in IMAX.

Makeup. Costume Design. Production Design. Sound mixing. Film Editing. I think it will win 3 of those, maybe makeup and costume plus one more.

BokadCastle
02-12-2016, 11:01 PM
Yay Oh Yay - I didn't know.
Thanks for saying.
Great.

Qexit
02-13-2016, 11:27 AM
Actually, it has been nominated for 10 oscars. You, understandably, left out the one for Best Picture. The 'Best Picture' should be outstanding in all areas, not just the technical side, so how Mad Max made it on to the eight film short list in that category is beyond me. In terms of script, acting, storyline and dialogue generally I rank it as one of the worst films I have seen in a great many years. Certainly not Best Picture material.

MichaelT
02-13-2016, 11:51 AM
Actually, it has been nominated for 10 oscars. You, understandably, left out the one for Best Picture. The 'Best Picture' should be outstanding in all areas, not just the technical side, so how Mad Max made it on to the eight film short list in that category is beyond me. In terms or script, acting, storyline and dialogue generally I rank it as one of the worst films I have seen in a great many years. Certainly not Best Picture material.

Or it means the number of good movies made last year, aren't plenty enough to fill up the list ;) Honestly though, I am very... *very*.. surprised the Star Wars movie isn't in that group.

ianr
02-14-2016, 07:44 AM
What was done with a 'road to nowhere' I thought was crazy

and wonderfully executed, in terms of a re-invention. it's aRide!

I did not view in the adult terms of would-be armchair directors

ianr
02-29-2016, 01:41 AM
Well, GentilHommes Pour Wavylight,

I say six Statues ,was not shabbby,what?

gerry_g
02-29-2016, 03:50 AM
I watched La Isla Minima on blu ray last night and was blown away, if you were to offer me a swap for the latest Star Wars movie and Thunder Road both i'd torn yo down flat, America forgot long ago how to make movies, fortunately other people still remember how

BeeVee
03-02-2016, 08:27 AM
I came out of seeing La Isla Minima last year so thirsty! The film just exudes heat and dryness, even though at least part of it is in swamp...

B

jasonwestmas
03-02-2016, 08:32 AM
Fury road was a great circus performance, not a cinematic film.

BeeVee
03-02-2016, 12:30 PM
I found it to be like the Namibian desert in which it was filmed - vast, magnificent but empty.

B