PDA

View Full Version : 7.5c bug. How long does it take!?!

Activator
12-10-2003, 10:42 AM
So we're going on over 6 weeks since the 7.5c/graph editor/Panther bug was "acknowledged" by Newtek.

How the heck long does it take? I just don't feel that users of a "professional" app like LW should expect it to take over 6 weeks to fix a bug that crashes LW without warning. The graph editor is an extremely necessary tool.

Did you know that you don't even have to DO anything in the Graph editor to get it to crash? Just "looking" at an objects keyframes, without changing them in any way, causes a crash. Ughhh.

I'm comfortable with, and have a lot of time and money invested in, LW, but, man, I'm really getting tired of the multi-month wait for necessary fixes...

Couple that with the fact that the VFX bundle is only for PC users, and I'm thinking that us Mac guys are getting a message... Maya? Hmm..quite possibly.

TyVole
12-10-2003, 10:47 AM
Chuck stated that they fixed the problem for v8, but that they hadn't decided what to do about 7.5.

So, you should plan on it not being fixed until v8. If you can't wait, you need to rollback your OS.