PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave goes nuts on me for 2nd time in a week.

Dennik
02-11-2016, 06:31 AM
I've had this issue for a long time that Lightwave for some reason resets its configuration and I lose all my menu and shortcut settings very often.
But now it went all nuts on me. When I launch layout I get a black thin window saying "file not found" and when I hit escape twice, layout loads up with an all black interface. I guess the way to fix this is to delete the main config files and restart, but it has gone too far. I need to get to the bottom of this once and for all.

edit: I forgot to add. I'm on win7 64bit with the 11.6.3 version

Dennik
02-11-2016, 07:27 AM
Well it looks like by just moving the file "LW11-64.cfg" I managed to make it start properly again. But i still don't know what's causing it. Both new and old LW11-64.cfg seem to have settings saved in them, but in different order.

Danner
02-11-2016, 07:38 AM
Loading scenes made with newer versions of LW can mess up your configs, dunno if that is causing it.

spherical
02-11-2016, 04:33 PM
You're the second one in a couple of weeks' time:
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?149634-Layout-interface-issue-blacked-out

Loading scenes made with newer versions of LW can mess up your configs, dunno if that is causing it.
I believe that he's talking about the original and re-created config of the same version.