PDA

View Full Version : Listing images alphabetically ... how?

Gungho3D
02-08-2016, 06:45 PM
I regularly use commercially sourced 3D models ... many with 100+ surfaces/image files.

It is a nightmare trying to find ONE image file in the wonderful UNsorted lists presented to the user :-(

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is there a way I've missed to actually see these images sorted alphabetically ??

If I wanted to do "brain exercises" I'd be chasing a game of Sudoku ...

prometheus
02-08-2016, 07:32 PM
I regularly use commercially sourced 3D models ... many with 100+ surfaces/image files.

It is a nightmare trying to find ONE image file in the wonderful UNsorted lists presented to the user :-(

Is there a way I've missed to actually see these images sorted alphabetically ??

If I wanted to do "brain exercises" I'd be chasing a game of Sudoku ...

the images must of course have their name alphabeticly, donīt know what problem you have really, image editor is presenting all images in alphabetical order from scratch, or you can choose to sort by date, memory etc in the arrow above the scroll list.

if your in the suface editor..each surface should sort itself alphabetical, you can also search by a filter in the field called "pattern" in the surface editor, so search for your image there, you actually only need the first letters..unless you have many other surfaces starting with the same letters.

Gungho3D
02-08-2016, 08:02 PM
Hey Prometheus - thanks for the response

Here is what I'm getting:

prometheus
02-08-2016, 08:29 PM
ah..that is correct, itīs not very nice.
they should implement a filter pattern there too, and perhaps a sort option of alphabeticly listing.
You are probably right to have nightmares, unfortunatly I do not know a way around this.

Mr Rid
02-08-2016, 08:39 PM
This is a long time annoyance.

prometheus
02-08-2016, 08:47 PM
This is a long time annoyance.

Same goes for plugins..perhaps.

Gungho3D
02-08-2016, 08:54 PM
ah..that is correct, itīs not very nice.
they should implement a filter pattern there too, and perhaps a sort option of alphabeticly listing.
You are probably right to have nightmares, unfortunatly I do not know a way around this.

Ah well, it was worth asking. I was expecting something like a "right click" in the list with popup options like "Sort Alphabetically?"

Mr. Rid / Prometheus: thanks for you help, even if just to confirm this is a problem

JoePoe
02-08-2016, 09:08 PM
You in 11.6?

I see this in 2015 ImageEditor 132318 132322

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to flow downstream into other dropdowns though....

Gungho3D
02-08-2016, 09:46 PM
Thanks Joe, that is very helpful - yes, in 11.6. I have 2015, but have not wanted to face its teething problems yet :-)

BeeVee
02-09-2016, 03:24 AM
Teething problems?

B

Snosrap
02-09-2016, 06:41 PM
How about some small images to pick from? This is 2016 after all. Oh yeah, make them user size adjustable. Oh wait, that would require a revised toolkit - never mind. :)