PDA

View Full Version : Output to SWF -- input please

mlinde
12-10-2003, 09:31 AM
So I'm looking at bidding on a project that requires a curve-based output (SWF but not with pixel-based images). The issue at hand is scaling -- if I grab the corner of the final SWF and scale it, the image can't pixelate, which requires that it be curves not pixels. Here are my questions:
1) Does the SWF export plugin (whatever it's called) exports as curves or as pixels?
2) How clean (low kb) is the output? I'm not looking at complex scenes, just object flybys.
3) Are the SWFs editable after output (in Flash)?

And any other feedback (good or bad) that you can think of. Thanks!

wacom
12-10-2003, 09:41 AM
Well I don't know if this helps, but in the past I've just rendered out high res stills using Super Cel Shader and rendered edges with a fair amount of AA. Then I'd use Flash and load up the still sequence and make them vector from there using the bit-map to vector tools in Flash. You'll have to do a bit of tweeking to get it right- but once you do it should work fine. It sounds like a pain in the ***, but for most stuff it worked well and the files weren't too large. If you own a newer version of Freehand you can get better resaults faster with this technique.

I did this because at the time I didn't have
the money for something like "swift 3D".

lunarcamel
12-10-2003, 09:58 AM
Swift 3D for LW works great for outputting vector art/swf.

Ive used it on many jobs with ease. Newtek should integrate it with LW like the Alias people did with Maya ::cough:: ;)