PDA

View Full Version : Instancin target item rotation

hansen
02-08-2016, 09:38 AM
Would it be possible to have one of the options for Instancing, target item for rotation, be whatever the current Camera happens to be? (instead of assigning specific Cameras) I do architectural renderings that sometimes use 3 or more cameras. I have people images on cards which are set to target the views camera. The problem being that every time I change cameras I have to re-target all of my instances. Most are linked to hundreds of points but many I put on individual nulls so that I can place then to best advantage. Changing all these settings constantly isn't just a bad use of time it can be dangerous when you miss a few and some people show as being 6 inches wide because they are looking at Camera one when they should be looking at Camera four.

Kevbarnes
02-10-2016, 12:31 PM
The problem being that every time I change cameras I have to re-target all of my instances.

Try making all your instances target a null instead of a camera, then animate the null to each camera when ever you need it.
I am working on a Stadium scene with multiple cameras in sequence but used a null instead to 'snap' to the camera positions.

'snap' by selecting Alt button while dragging.