PDA

View Full Version : Add preset

amath
02-07-2016, 08:35 AM
How do I add a preset ?:help:
I am using DP tree and would like to use a preset that was already setup

prometheus
02-07-2016, 09:14 AM
there is both an add preset button and open preset button in the dp_tree interface..can you see that?

create your tree first, then click on add preset, it should then save it to a preset folder, to open the preset folder in modeler..hit f9..or simple use the open preset button, and double click on the preset thumb image you have created..and confirm the load settings, now it seems like nothing is changed, the old one or the defualt one is just showing..so uncheck the interactive tree button and check it again, and it should update with the proper preset.

all this is for modeler, but beware...2015 has a crashing bug with dp tree...not sure if dpont has updated it and fixed it.

amath
02-07-2016, 09:36 AM
I can see open preset but there are no presets listed.
How do I add a pre made pst file to this dialog?

prometheus
02-07-2016, 12:13 PM
I can see open preset but there are no presets listed.
How do I add a pre made pst file to this dialog?

the content and presets are seperate..you have to download them, visit the page and check at the end of the page..thereīs the link to some presets...otherwise you need to create your own.

http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugins/Verdure/DP_Verdure.html

Direct...
http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugins/Verdure/DP_Tree_Presets.zip

prometheus
02-07-2016, 12:26 PM
installing...think you should copy the meshedittool folder...which is the name for the folder containing all the presets, copy it..and paste it in program files/newtek support/presets...programfiles 86x/newtek if it is a 32 bit version of lightwave you are running

my path for 32 bit goes something like this...

C:\Program Files (x86)\NewTek\LightWave_2015.3\support\presets

when you then open the presets by f9 or open preset button..they should be under the built in/ workspace...not user workspace.

prometheus
02-07-2016, 12:37 PM
and hereīs how they look like...

prometheus
02-07-2016, 12:45 PM
To note...the presets arenīt that well implemented to load and get the exact tree created..the reason for this is that you need the main geometry container that initially shaped the branches, and the preset loading only takes in account the branch settings..but it disregards the actuall geometry used to create the tree.

Not sure if Denis used the same "container" shape object fo all presets..havenīt checked the manual on that.

would be nice if it could work so it actuall loads the initial shape as well ..and we would get exactly what is shown in the preset, also...it should update the tree directly when loading the preset..not as it is now..uncheck and reactivate interactive tree.

amath
02-07-2016, 01:31 PM
132270files show up but when I click on open preset they disapear

prometheus
02-07-2016, 01:48 PM
132270files show up but when I click on open preset they disapear

you are not working on the built in presets...it somehow must have switched back to custom user workspace, you have to change that, unless you add your own presets..then it automaticly switch to custom workspace..I think.
so that is why it seems empty..wrong workspace where you have nothing..so change that.

to note..you have the name ---built in and ---This user,
you can not select that directly..those are just the category naming..you have to choose the workspace underneath those seperation marks.

amath
02-07-2016, 02:49 PM
how do I get back to built in presets

prometheus
02-07-2016, 02:59 PM
how do I get back to built in presets

select it in the preset menu:)

not sure if you now your way around on how to use preset? when you open the preset shelf, you have two drop down lists...one to sort by date for instance and the other which you select your libraries from, so not sure what you are doing wrong..simply choose the built in preset...---built in/workspace

To note, you can not drop the dp_tool, and recall the presets...you have to have it active, so do not close it and try to recall the presets.

amath
02-07-2016, 03:57 PM
as soon as I select open preset from the dp tree numeric panel all built in presets disappear,
If I click on the surface editor all built in presets appear again.

Can't figure this out

prometheus
02-07-2016, 04:15 PM
as soon as I select open preset from the dp tree numeric panel all built in presets disappear,
If I click on the surface editor all built in presets appear again.

Can't figure this out

there may be a glitch here..not sure, but you showed two images, one from where all the presets are loaded, and one when the preset panel is empty...in the first image with the presets, I can see you are standing in the built in presets..but
on the other image you are standing on the custom library, which of course will make it seemingly disappear, but itīs just empty...so the question is...
why can you not select the proper library, the drop down list--built in/workspace ?

or can you not acess it?

why are you clicking on surface editor?..I do not believe you when you say the presets appear again, that will only show surface presets..which is probably what you ment, but has nothing to do with dp tree presets.

prometheus
02-07-2016, 04:21 PM
Ah...

you must have placed the presets in the surface presets? do not understand why you get the surface preset opened otherwise?

surface editor and surface presets are only for surfacing ..and for that I donīt think thereīs any preset you can use...the presets for dp tree is only to save out and load predefined branches...for actual geometry..not surfacing.

prometheus
02-07-2016, 04:41 PM
To note..

in order to use the presets properly, you need the content I linked to previously, it consists of the very geometry you should use the presets on to get the matching construction of the trees...
http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugins/Verdure/DP_Tree_Content.zip

prometheus
02-07-2016, 04:45 PM
To note again..

if you do not stand on the dp_tree numeric panel and not activate it..if you hit f9 ..it may just say none in the prese panel, always activate the tool before open the preset.

amath
02-07-2016, 05:09 PM
Where do I put dpont pst files so they can be accessed by preset panel?

prometheus
02-07-2016, 05:20 PM
Where do I put dpont pst files so they can be accessed by preset panel?

Ivé described that before in previous posts..copy the mesh edit tool folder to your program folder paths...do not put them inside surface presets, simply copy the whole extracted folder to a similar path like below..if that is where your presets are.

"
installing...think you should copy the meshedittool folder...which is the name for the folder containing all the presets, copy it..and paste it in program files/newtek support/presets...programfiles 86x/newtek if it is a 32 bit version of lightwave you are running

C:\Program Files (x86)\NewTek\LightWave_2015.3\support\presets"

when you then open the presets by f9 or open preset button..they should be under the built in/ workspace...not user workspace.

amath
02-07-2016, 05:58 PM
maybe its a problem with 64 bit version.
I put those files in C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave_2011.6.3\support\presets"
When I select add preset lightWave crashes also

prometheus
02-07-2016, 06:02 PM
maybe its a problem with 64 bit version.
I put those files in C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave_2011.6.3\support\presets"
When I select add preset lightWave crashes also

That can be the case.
the preset path seems correct though..
try 32 bit if you got it installed

spherical
02-07-2016, 06:08 PM

Hmmm. Mine are all in:

C:\Users\[username]\.NewTek\LightWave\2015.3\presets\[preset_type]

prometheus
02-07-2016, 08:05 PM
Hmmm. Mine are all in:

C:\Users\[username]\.NewTek\LightWave\2015.3\presets\[preset_type]

yeah..may depend on what path one has set in preferences.
I think I initially tried to past it in to my user folders...but it didnīt show up, so I pasted it in to the programs folder.