PDA

View Full Version : New TrueArt Text Plugin

Chris S. (Fez)
02-03-2016, 09:45 AM
It is too easy to miss this news in the 3rd Party section. Lightwavers have been asking for enhanced, flexible type functionality since...forever...and TrueArt has delivered an awesome, seamless solution for a really reasonable price ($50). It works great with Global Materials, which has also changed the way I work in Lightwave.

For more information on TrueType and Global Materials please visit:
http://truetypetext.trueart.eu

TrueArt's Global Materials
http://globalmaterials.trueart.eu

Please support our 3rd Party plugin developers. We will definitely want Sensei around when the "Lightwave Next" modifier stack becomes a fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station...

prometheus
02-03-2016, 10:47 AM
interesting...not fully Armed and Operational battle station, might come in handy for some folks though.
not sure..if one close all panels, you can go back and open the modifier and change fonts, and retype new text and it updates?

still miss kerning animation envelpes and per character animation options to make it a battle station.

jasonwestmas
02-03-2016, 11:11 AM
Those look great! I do mograph in unity sometimes, this text tool might help out a lot.

Chris S. (Fez)
02-03-2016, 11:17 AM
still miss kerning animation envelpes and per character animation options to make it a battle station.

I was referring to the modifier stack in "Lightwave Next", which will hopefully open up many more possibilities for this plugin and others. In the mean time, TrueType fills a great, longstanding gap in Lightwave.

Dodgy
02-03-2016, 05:24 PM
Looks great, put my money down!

prometheus
02-03-2016, 05:31 PM
I was referring to the modifier stack in "Lightwave Next", which will hopefully open up many more possibilities for this plugin and others. In the mean time, TrueType fills a great, longstanding gap in Lightwave.

Yes I knew you were.

I would like to know if you at anytime can open that text you have added and change font as well as type new text or change it? without having to add a new null and go through that route again? I suspect you can, but itīs not quite clear in the vid.

jeric_synergy
02-03-2016, 05:58 PM
still miss kerning animation envelpes and per character animation options to make it a {stupid metaphor}.
Unbelievable. All that whining and now you're picking nits? JFC.

Sensei
02-03-2016, 06:16 PM
Plug weight map (picked "Char" weight map) as parameter in Displacement Node Editor to change properties of single character..

Sensei
02-03-2016, 06:39 PM
.if one close all panels, you can go back and open the modifier and change fonts, and retype new text and it updates?

Did you watch video? It's at the beginning..
Text is generated every single frame from beginning.
Then it can be modified by displacement Node Editor.

wesleycorgi
02-03-2016, 08:47 PM
Any chance this will make it to Mac OS?

Sensei
02-03-2016, 08:51 PM
It's using Windows API directly.
But if you have Win emulator, you could set up scene, text, Save Current Object As..
and just surface, displace, ready object (with generated maps)..

prometheus
02-04-2016, 12:02 PM
Did you watch video? It's at the beginning..
Text is generated every single frame from beginning.
Then it can be modified by displacement Node Editor.

yes I watched it..I do not see it in the beginning, you add the null and the object replacement, but you are never closing it and reopen it in the video, I suspect it isnīt any problem and you can just open it and re-edit..but frankly..it wasnīt very clear on that.

squarewulf
02-04-2016, 12:14 PM
Would be cool if it had bevel presets like in element3D (https://www.videocopilot.net/assets/public/ckfinder/userfiles/images/extruding_3d_text/Bevel-Presets-Thumb.jpg).

tonyrizo2003
02-04-2016, 01:23 PM
Pretty cool, I can't wait to try this out...

GraphXs
02-04-2016, 01:31 PM
Sweet, gonna have to pick this up! Does the bevel get jacked on any fonts? Like W or M? Can we see some examples of fonts that are not like Ariel. Oh and is the shader part thing apart of the font tool or something else? Sorry watched it on my phone. It would be cool if ya can add a shader based bevel, or even a sub-D conversion of fonts in a future version.

Sensei
02-04-2016, 04:24 PM
yes I watched it..I do not see it in the beginning, you add the null and the object replacement, but you are never closing it and reopen it in the video, I suspect it isnīt any problem and you can just open it and re-edit..but frankly..it wasnīt very clear on that.

I made other video showing this feature:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv3g2wTl1uM

Previous scene loaded from disk, with all surfacing set up like at the end of 1st video.

prometheus
02-05-2016, 09:47 AM
I made other video showing this feature:

Previous scene loaded from disk, with all surfacing set up like at the end of 1st video.

That is better..and I thought that is how it worked, but it now confirms it better...Great:thumbsup: