PDA

View Full Version : ScreamerNet not finding objects

gschrick
12-10-2003, 09:09 AM
I set up a net render on a dual processor PC. The nodes start up and Screamernet recognizes them. All objects, images, everything are in my content directory. Scenes load just find in normal layout.

When I tell it to render, the nodes start up but it can't find any of the objects, even though when I read through the DOS window the paths to the objects are correct. The thing can't even find the Partigon Emitter.

Why is it not finding any of my objects? I even made the content and command directory the same. Any advice would be helpful, I am under a pretty strict deadline.

System:
Using LW 7.5C, BOXX dual AMD Opteron. Windows 2000.

siefkencp
12-10-2003, 10:09 AM
I'm a website Administrator at a college where i am also a student. I have spent an entire semester learning the basics of lightwave and modeler. A great deal of my time is and has been spent learning about Cluster Processing. I should also note i set up ScreamerNet system here at my school where i can turn any lab computer into a node with out the need to install software. To Date i have used 11 nodes successfully. And been successfull in setting up SN in MAC and PC enviroments.

Can you tell me, are you using network rendering? or just on your machine there?

How is screamer net set up? Please include any shared drives... The more information about this set up the better.

Can you send me a copy of the scene itself and the file path to the objects?

I understand time restraints and check my e-mail through out the day.