PDA

View Full Version : Blocked cubic texture

THIBAULT
02-02-2016, 03:41 AM
Hi,
I need help with UV texture . If you make a box and apply cubic texture on it, if i move my box, texture doen't blocked on the box ?
Is it possible to block texture ?
Thanks

ernpchan
02-02-2016, 08:51 AM
if i move my box, texture doen't blocked on the box ?

What do you mean by "block"? If you're using uvs, moving the geo in Modeler will keep the textures stuck on the geo. Using the cubic projection method won't.

THIBAULT
02-02-2016, 10:45 AM
Yes, OK ! Thanks Ernpchan.
Unfortunately , I again had a day to 10 crashes in production on a large building project and how well I won last year, I decided to move permanently to 3ds max / Corona who now is much more stable. Thank you for everything and goodbye.

THIBAULT
02-03-2016, 07:53 AM
It's a joke . Like everyone else , I look forward to the next version . Thanks for Uvs, i choose this solution.

BeeVee
02-04-2016, 03:40 AM
Hi,
I need help with UV texture . If you make a box and apply cubic texture on it, if i move my box, texture doen't blocked on the box ?

You're in Modeler, right? If you were using UVs then the texture would stick, but it doesn't with LightWave's standard projections (Planar, Cubic, etc.) in Modeler. You'll see that the texture is perfectly fine in Layout (I only ever texture in Layout because of this).

B

vector
02-04-2016, 08:09 AM
In modeler: As said, UV is the best solution, but every time you move the cube you always can click "Automatic sizing" and the image fits the sides of the cube again.

Areyos Alektor
02-07-2016, 05:36 PM
You can also use "Texture Guide" to create your UV unfolding using classic projection.

Like that you have both at the same time ;)

prometheus
02-07-2016, 05:54 PM
You can also use "Texture Guide" to create your UV unfolding using classic projection.

Like that you have both at the same time ;)

yes..that is probably little known, good to have an option of cubic mapping from there...use one viewport in uv mode and perspective perhaps in texture mode and drag in viewport with the texture guide tool.

Snosrap
02-09-2016, 06:44 PM
He's moved on so I guess NT can now close this thread. :)