PDA

View Full Version : Laubwerks Plants

rcallicotte
02-01-2016, 07:34 AM
I thought these (http://www.laubwerk.com/) plants were quite good, so I asked about Modo and Lightwave possibilities.

Hi Rob,

we already worked on a modo version, but had to abandon it, because of missing SDK functionality. We will probably revisit at some point. Lightwave we are not sure about.

Either way, it is possible to write a simple importer using our Python SDK (which comes with each Plants Kit for free) binding. We do not currently have the resources to do this, but we would support anybody who'd go ahead and do that.

Best
Timm

Svenart
02-01-2016, 07:51 AM
I agree, would be nice to use them in LW.

kopperdrake
02-01-2016, 08:18 AM
I'm a sucker for plant models - the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned :D

alexs3d
02-01-2016, 08:29 AM
yes, these plants are well made and would be cool to use those in lightwave

hrgiger
02-01-2016, 10:18 AM
It doesnt seem like they even considered lightwave support. I hope moving forward lw3dg is doing everything it can to foster good 3rd party support for LightWave.

Kaptive
02-01-2016, 11:08 AM
LW is very capable of Arch Vis, but whenever I've done it, the 3rd party prefab compatability has always been the biggest road block. It usually requires having to do a lot of conversion via another package.
For example, when asked to add people, it always rings an alarm bell. It isn't that it can't be done, it's just that it adds another layer of work that you can't really charge for.
The best thing LW3DG can do to foster better 3rd party is to get more users, so it becomes more viable for them to do the extra work... plus more user requests of course.

I do wish there were more conversion tools out there, it wouldn't be such a big deal then. However, the locked Max format is well designed to keep a stranglehold on a lot of prefab content.

seghier
02-01-2016, 12:35 PM
" Laubwerk Plants Kits come bundled with our Laubwerk Player, a plugin compatible with Autodesk 3ds Max, and MAXON Cinema 4D, and SideFX Houdini. Laubwerk SurfaceSPREAD is a Cinema 4D landscaping plugin."

are ask the company if they will add support for lightwave ?