PDA

View Full Version : Easy HD i suppose

Digital Video
12-10-2003, 08:07 AM
HI,
i was wondering if the people at Newtek will one day, support the MPEG2 streams from the new consumer HD cameras from JVC on the market now and soon to come Sony... Softwares like Ulead Media Studio Pro and Adobe Premiere 7 ( requires a expensive plug-in) are already offering it in real time. The quality is awesome. The output can be made via the firewire port and decode in a inexpensive D-VHS recorder ( 380$ ). A 30 seconds clip of HD will weight around 150 meg when a 30 seconds DV encode clip will weight 109 megs. And because this is a stream, you are able to EASILY play back your HD clips in Windows Media Player. So do you think one day...???

And thanks for the guys at the tech support of Newtek. Got some audio connectors problems with my VT card. Send it on Monday, they received it on tuesday, i received it back on Thrusday..Hey i am in Montreal and they are in Texas...WOW!!

Best regards

Éric Nolin
Digital Video, Montreal

JFAns
12-12-2003, 03:55 AM
Hi

Could you comment about the quality of the JVC HD camera?
Is the image good? Since it have only one CCD.
Sound? Settings, etc...

Thanks

Jose Anselmo

vini
12-30-2003, 09:44 PM
We are making some trys, the HD its amazing ,
you can send to toaster by components , 480/720/1080(i/p)
any , also we are looking for cineform.waiting for the premier pro plug in , the cineform uses vegas 4 too.
maybe next week we have response.

www.cineform.com

vini
12-30-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by JFAns
Hi

Could you comment about the quality of the JVC HD camera?
Is the image good? Since it have only one CCD.
Sound? Settings, etc...

Thanks

Jose Anselmo

With normal light the colors are superb. also indoors without special lighting. in our screening room 156" looks really good.
maybe better than the demo from Japan JVC.
the only issue when the first plane moves the background blurs.
. because the compression /depthfield. , the transfer to DVHS
its not easy.

Digital Video
01-15-2004, 01:09 PM
I,ve been a Beta tester for the Cineform HD connect codec for 1 week now. It is a tremendous plug-in. The beta version has little to no problem at all for my applications. In Vegas, it runs as fast as editing dv content. The quality is awesome and the transfer to DVHS is really easy. I can only recommend that plug-in.

For the JY-HD10, this is a great camera. Take your time to learn it, shoot with a tripod, and you'll have the better quality you'll ever see.

I can only recommend also to buy the HD monitor from JVC. It is more accurate than anything i've seen in my 7 years TV carreer. It is better than any Sony and...cheaper.

Best of luck to everybody, and have a great week.

Like Romain says: It's hard to be french.

Eric Nolin
Digital Video
Montreal, QC

JFAns
01-16-2004, 04:52 AM
Hi to all

"You can send to toaster by components, 480/720/1080(i/p)"

Vini could you explain your comment in your first replay about to send to toaster in component? This means that JY-HD10 has component out?

I would like to know how many minutes a normal miniDV tape can store in HD?

This background blur effect that are mention is present in any light condition or it is only in some special case?

Thankx

José Anselmo

vini
01-20-2004, 01:34 PM
yes , the camera converts the material inside to the format you want , the cassete is for 60 minutes . came with a lot of cables. 1394/svideo /components/composite/USB.
but I haven't try the toaster/ cineform HD /jvc .
anyone tried?/

vini