PDA

View Full Version : Camera Cables and Set Up

BoilrBowlr
01-28-2016, 03:54 PM
I just purchased a Tricaster 40. I currently have 2 Canon Vixia HF200's that have an A/V mini output along with a HDMI output. What cable recommendations would you have to use one of these outputs and convert it to red blue and green component cables? We are going to be livestreaming some bowling events for Indiana. We have 100' component cables but can't figure a way to hook these up to our cameras. I really appreciate any help and suggestions.

kanep
01-28-2016, 04:33 PM
You might want to double check, but is appears that that model Canon has an option for component output, you just need to get the cable. In fact the manual seems indicate to that that this cable was included with the unit.

Once you have the cable, you just need to adapt the ends to BNC to connect to the TC40.

Canon component cable:
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-1719B001-Component-Definition-Camcorders/dp/B000KDFKFM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454023868&sr=8-1&keywords=Component+Cable+CTC-100

RCA to BNC adpaters:
http://www.amazon.com/Male-Female-Coaxial-Connector-Video/dp/B007Q8KDP6/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1454023962&sr=8-7&keywords=rca+to+bnc

BoilrBowlr
01-28-2016, 05:37 PM
I will be using 100' component cables. Could I buy a short adaptor and then use a female to female component adaptor to connect to the 100' cables? Would I need to amplify the signal? Just struggling to figure out how to connect my cameras to the T40.

kanep
01-28-2016, 08:58 PM
You will have to connect them and see, I'm sure a 100ft cable will give you a picture, but with analog signals the quality of the image will degrade the longer the cable. That doesn't mean that it will look bad, but it just depends on the amount of the shielding in the able and more much interference there is at your location.

Radio_TVPat1982
01-29-2016, 06:23 AM
100 ft is kind of long for component. I would try to purchase I cheap balun that uses Ethernet cable between. You can run them over 1000 ft. Your component connections just hook in to the boxes on each end.

I use these in my current setup and they work great. There are a number of combinations you can get as well. Some with multiple audio or video connections on one box. They are also bi-directional so you could send a feed in to the TC on one channel and a program feed out on another. Quite the handy device for analog connections!

TPUC
01-29-2016, 06:27 AM
svideo.com has just about any balun you would ever need.

JPulera
01-29-2016, 08:20 AM
I've done several events with TC40 using 1080i HDV cameras over Component cable, using 50' and 100' cables and the picture looked great (cables from Monprice.com). That said, the cables are thick and rigid and a nightmare to lay down and tape in traffic areas and baluns would be a great idea!

I use these to connect camera output cable to the longer computer cables - http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=3002

I tape all connections! Just one of the 3 connections being loose will mess up the picture! Also, the long component cables I used are basically 3 RG-6 cables molded together and are pretty stiff, so just the weight and inflexibility of the cable makes the RCA plugs want to come out of the BNC adapters going into TC40. Helps to use a short jumper cable at TriCaster so the big, long, heavy cables are not causing problems at TriCaster inputs. But again, try baluns if you can and avoid all that fun.

Your camera is going to output 1080i over component, so that is the Session I'd use in TriCaster. You can still set up Output 2 as 480i if you want, for instance to feed a DVD recorder. And of course the live stream can be whatever, up to 720p. I don't have the TC40 any longer, TC Mini now. But TC40 is quite capable and always got the job done for me.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers