PDA

View Full Version : DDR Thumbnails

skdvr
01-25-2016, 09:26 AM
I was wondering if it would be possible to have the image in the multiview monitor to match the selected thumbnail image in the DDR's that is on the main monitor. To illustrate what I am talking about I have included a image below. Last weekend we were doing a charity event and there were 7 interview videos that all started with the same logo. I changed each one of their icon images in the DDR so that I could help ensure that I was going to play the correct clip at the correct time. The multiview monitor would still show the first from of the video. Not a huge deal for me because obviously I can just double check the DDR to make sure it is on the correct video, but I also split out the multiview monitor to another monitor for the director to see. I am in no way shape or form a code talker, so I have no idea how difficult that would be to do. I just wanted to throw it out as a suggestion.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll34/pebalsamo/Tricaster_zpsj11evh2n.jpg (http://s284.photobucket.com/user/pebalsamo/media/Tricaster_zpsj11evh2n.jpg.html)

Thanks,
Phil

kanep
01-25-2016, 12:19 PM
Select the clip, drag the slider bar to the new frame, then right click on the clip and choose 'Use Current frame as Icon'. Its not a live update like you will see in the multiview, but you can choose a better icon frame.

skdvr
01-25-2016, 01:03 PM
I did do that already. What I was hoping for was to be able to see that user selected thumbnail image in the DDR 1 window of the multiviewer. If you look at my primary monitor in the pic above you will see that I have circled all of the clips in DDR 1, in which I selected them to have a different image. I would like to be able to see that on the multiview monitor as well.

Just a feature that I think could be handy in cases like this one when I have a bunch of videos that all start with the same frame.

Phil

kltv
01-25-2016, 01:20 PM
That would be a little strange actually. The mutliviewer needs to show the source as it is when you'll take it. It's like a live video monitor showing the current frame of video on the DDR's "output" to the switcher, rather than a thumbnail of the cued video clip.

Kris

skdvr
01-25-2016, 01:28 PM
See, to me it does not seem strange. I think that the preview monitor should show the first frame for sure, since that is where you are taking from. In most cases it is not a issue, just in one like this where I have 7 different videos that all start with the same logo, plus that same logo is in the GFX player too. The reason I think it would work in my situation is that with just a quick glance I could be sure that the correct video is cued up, without looking away to the primary monitor. Just all in what you get used to I guess. If it is not something that others do not see value in then I am sure that NewTek will not even worry about it. Just something that I thought could've been useful in this show.

Phil

JonRaidel
01-26-2016, 07:31 AM
This would have to be a third option for media players. DDR Output being #1, Timecode of DDR being #2. I can see the usefulness of it in some situations.
What I could suggest is not making clips with the same logo on the front of them. make a transition out of the logo for your shows instead. now your clips are all different in their first frame of video.

skdvr
01-26-2016, 08:04 AM
Good idea JonRaidel. What I would have to do is make a macro though I guess. Because the charity wanted their logo displayed for a couple of seconds before each video started, and then there is a flying star transition between the logo and the interview. This was for Dancing with the St Louis Stars. So there were 7 dance couples, each with a interview that is played before they come out and dance. Like I said, I know that this particular instance is a bit unusual.

Phil

JonRaidel
01-26-2016, 08:23 AM
i love using macros for things like this.