PDA

View Full Version : Dynamics: This should be simple.

Snosrap
01-24-2016, 11:40 AM
Okay I just can't figure this out and it should be so simple. I've created a decent rigid dynamics simulation using low poly resolution stand-ins and now want to swap out the low res meshes with my final hi-res model. How do I go about that? It seems like it should be simple but isn't. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

prometheus
01-24-2016, 01:11 PM
Okay I just can't figure this out and it should be so simple. I've created a decent rigid dynamics simulation using low poly resolution stand-ins and now want to swap out the low res meshes with my final hi-res model. How do I go about that? It seems like it should be simple but isn't. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would say metalink..

well ..you can not just swap out the low res just like that, then you would be replacing it..and thus you would be needing to simulate again, but with a high res object.

so try the simple route as with clothfx etc.

do your bullet sim with the low res object, load your high res object and enter itīs deform tab, enter nodes, add metalink node, open the metalink node and choose to link to the low res object..then just play..and your high res would match the low res to some extent, disable rendering and visibility of the low res object.

so you can adjust the proxy low res object with rotation moving and simulating it..the bullet sim will only simulate the lowres but keeps it instantly updated in viewport with the high res object..
works for rigid bodies, but wouldnīt be working with partīs bodies...donīt think so anyway.

Michael

Ztreem
01-24-2016, 03:54 PM
You can also just parent the hires version to the lowres and hide the lowres when rendering.

prometheus
01-24-2016, 04:28 PM
You can also just parent the hires version to the lowres and hide the lowres when rendering.

Duh...that is of course the simplest solution:hey:

Snosrap
01-24-2016, 05:50 PM
Thanks guys! The metalink node did the trick. Parenting seemed like the simplest solution, but it doesn't work.

prometheus
01-24-2016, 06:04 PM
Thanks guys! The metalink node did the trick. Parenting seemed like the simplest solution, but it doesn't work.

Works here..but I had a very simple setup, you should drag the high res object under the low res object in scene editor, or parent it with schematics.

Michael

Snosrap
01-24-2016, 06:10 PM
Works here..but I had a very simple setup, you should drag the high res object under the low res object in scene editor, or parent it with schematics.

Michael

Yep, it took a restart of LW for it to work. I knew it had to be simple, but I didn't think it would be that simple!