PDA

View Full Version : 3Ds max to Lightwave problems. Help?

Pviggen
01-22-2016, 09:28 AM
I'm a new member to the forum but a Lightwave user since 9.6 and often visit here for tips and whatnot. Lots of great advice! Anyway, I was hoping someone might be able to help me out here. I have a model that was sent to me from 3Ds max. I downloaded the free trial and opened the project to export an obj or FBX 2011. I'm on Lightwave 11.6.3 and I believe that FBX 2011 is the latest it can open. When opening the FBX in Layout the model is default grey :( So, I exported as an obj instead, using the settings in the included screenshot. I got a little closer...objects had color...It seems that the uv maps came over as did specularity and diffuse settings etc. Unfortunately the images associated with the uv maps are not attached. What gives? I'm unfamiliar with 3Ds max. Most of important textures were intact in 3Ds after I rebuilt the file path for them. I've included the MTL too. Looks normal to me, but I'm no expert. I really don't want to guess at what images are associated with which textures, and manually reattach them, because there are a ton of textures. How do I get the texture images to come over correctly? Any help will be greatly appreciated! I blurred the project names and background images because I don't think the client wants a view of their project floating around on the internet.132014132015132017