PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Again Please

Tony3d
01-21-2016, 03:26 PM
HI All, well I need your help again. In Lightwave 11.0 I used Fiber FX to make filler in my cable. I remember there was a way to make the fibers into actual polygons, and save as a LWO Object see below........

Now no matter what I do all I get is thin poly lines. I use make a solid volume, but still get thin hair. It renders correctly though. What am I doing wrong? I need the models, not guides.

prometheus
01-21-2016, 05:33 PM
HI All, well I need your help again. In Lightwave 11.0 I used Fiber FX to make filler in my cable. I remember there was a way to make the fibers into actual polygons, and save as a LWO Object see below........

Now no matter what I do all I get is thin poly lines. I use make a solid volume, but still get thin hair. It renders correctly though. What am I doing wrong? I need the models, not guides.

there´s two fiberfx systems in lightwave..in layout and in modeler, you can create polygons from any of those.
in modeler..setup/fiberfx and after growing the guides from polygon area, make sure to set edge quantity to four and the same for fiber sides, or you would end up with flat polylines.

in layout, you can convert your fibers to polygons, that is a bit trickier..but you should be able and be better of to do it in modeler.

Tony3d
01-21-2016, 06:48 PM
there´s two fiberfx systems in lightwave..in layout and in modeler, you can create polygons from any of those.
in modeler..setup/fiberfx and after growing the guides from polygon area, make sure to set edge quantity to four and the same for fiber sides, or you would end up with flat polylines.

in layout, you can convert your fibers to polygons, that is a bit trickier..but you should be able and be better of to do it in modeler.

Man thanks so much! I thought there was one in modeler, I just couldn't remember where it was LOL! Worked perfect! Thanks again. Love this community!