PDA

View Full Version : Virtual studio not seeing HID joystick on a Mac

tlw
01-19-2016, 02:56 AM
Hi

I have a basic problem with setting up a virtual studio project on my Mac. I have bought a Thrustmaster USB joystick, which by all reports, including the manufacturers website, is completely HID compatible without the need for any drivers; yet when I plug it in to my Macbook Pro, it doesn't show up in the virtual studio device manager. The joystick shows up in the OSX System Information as a USB Game Controller, and a quick test with another bit of software shows that it is recognised by the system as a joystick. I have tried restarting lightwave, and rebooting the system with the joystick plugged in with no joy. My question is, how do I get this to show up as an input in Virtual Studio? I have a feeling I'm missing a very basic step, so apologies if I'm asking a silly question.

Many thanks for any help

Tom

Macbook Pro 2015
OSX 10.11.2
Lightwave 2015.3

tlw
01-19-2016, 03:11 AM
Sorry - I have got this working now. It was my own stupidity, as I suspected. It seems it takes writing a forum post to kick my brain into action.

pinkmouse
01-19-2016, 04:13 AM
What happened?

tlw
01-19-2016, 10:08 AM
I had not 'activated' the generic HID controller, and as soon as I did, the joystick turned up in the list. I had expected to see it there, 'greyed out', like the rest of the devices, but clearly the list was not being updated until the controller was enabled.