PDA

View Full Version : additional tabs don't disappear

mRossi
01-18-2016, 03:07 PM
Hello, I'm on win7 64, using lw 2015.2. When I add plugins, it creates also several "additional" tabs, which remain (albeit empty) when I remove the plugins that was featured in them. What happens? How to remove those empty tabs? And, better, how to do that the new plugins will be featured only in the default "additional" tab?

Ryan Roye
01-18-2016, 03:54 PM
This is a known bug in 2015.2, the update to 2015.3 fixes this.

omichon
01-19-2016, 06:46 AM
This problem is clearly still there in 2015.3, unfortunately :(

...and it affects both Layout and Modeler.

zapper1998
01-19-2016, 07:26 AM
Ditto I thought something was weird

I save out the menu and key configs to another folder, also found that if there are any menu configs for plugins in the plugin folder that was last accessed they will be put in the new additional tab, I was getting up to 2 or 3 new additional tabs.

went in config for LWM and LW and removed the path after the plugins last accesed, and problem went away..

that make any sense....

jboudreau
01-19-2016, 09:34 AM
This is a known bug in 2015.2, the update to 2015.3 fixes this.

Nope the problem is still in 2015.3 as well. Just had it the other day not sure what causes it though

Thanks,
Jason

spherical
01-19-2016, 04:02 PM
I'm not understanding why anyone would expect that a tab would magically disappear after manually moving an entry in it to another location in the menus. If it remains, just delete it as part of the manual move operation. Problem solved. If it remains after that, this is another issue, because the menu editor isn't doing that which is being asked.

jboudreau
01-19-2016, 04:21 PM
I'm not understanding why anyone would expect that a tab would magically disappear after manually moving an entry in it to another location in the menus. If it remains, just delete it as part of the manual move operation. Problem solved. If it remains after that, this is another issue, because the menu editor isn't doing that which is being asked.

I don't think the issues is the tabs being removed, or at least that wasn't my issue. The issue is that sometimes when installing plugins an additional tab is created. Why is that additional tab being created. Before the plugins just use to go into the Additional drop down menu until you moved them or imported in a branch.cfg file.

Thanks,
Jason

DrStrik9
01-19-2016, 09:46 PM
The issue is that sometimes when installing plugins an additional tab is created.

I've had this happen also, 2015.3, Mac. I "solved" it by deleting the unwanted tabs, and re-configuring the menus with the plug in a different place.

It's not a huge deal at all, but just kind of strange.

spherical
01-20-2016, 12:23 AM
I don't think the issues is the tabs being removed, or at least that wasn't my issue. The issue is that sometimes when installing plugins an additional tab is created. Why is that additional tab being created. Before the plugins just use to go into the Additional drop down menu until you moved them or imported in a branch.cfg file.

Well, the OP asked why the Additional tabs didn't disappear... Not the same issue by any stretch. Yes, sometimes plugin authors instigate another Additional tab. Take it up with them.

spherical
01-20-2016, 12:28 AM
I've had this happen also, 2015.3, Mac. I "solved" it by deleting the unwanted tabs, and re-configuring the menus with the plug in a different place.

As outlined, above.

It's not a huge deal at all, but just kind of strange.

Not "strange" at all, if you think about the process involved. This, IMO, is a non-issue. It may be that the extraneous Additional tabs are the issue, but not the manual reorganizing of menu items and subsequent necessary deleting of redundant tabs. Just deal with it....

Oedo 808
01-20-2016, 03:20 AM
Well, the OP asked why the Additional tabs didn't disappear... Not the same issue by any stretch. Yes, sometimes plugin authors instigate another Additional tab. Take it up with them.

What makes you think it's a problem with third party added tabs?

As outlined, above.

Not "strange" at all, if you think about the process involved. This, IMO, is a non-issue. It may be that the extraneous Additional tabs are the issue, but not the manual reorganizing of menu items and subsequent necessary deleting of redundant tabs.

When something is described as a known bug, a problem, weird etc and didn't happen before with the same process involved, "not strange at all" is not a fitting description.

Just deal with it....

He did, you quoted him saying as much, though it shouldn't be necessary however easy a fix there is.

spherical
01-20-2016, 03:32 AM
What makes you think it's a problem with third party added tabs?

Because that is where the "problem" is often cited, that's where.

When something is described as a known bug, a problem, weird etc and didn't happen before with the same process involved, "not strange at all" is not a fitting description.

When there are two of something, one of them just may be wrong. Doesn't mean that either is by default wrong; as you insinuate.

though it shouldn't be necessary however easy a fix there is.

Yep, usual response... much to be expected. That there may be an automatic way to whack a tab when there are no items below it, doesn't necessarily call for that to be the case ALL THE TIME. That it may not happen "automatically" now says zero about how it was intended to be, either then or now. There is a difference in how this is handled. That Is All. Yikes! Gosh, you guys get spun up over the minimalist stuff. Of course, this is to be expected from some...

Oedo 808
01-20-2016, 08:50 AM
Because that is where the "problem" is often cited, that's where.

A common complaint is it? I hadn't realized, what I did realize was that it was stated as a known bug in the first response, so obviously not to do with authors appending tabs.

When there are two of something, one of them just may be wrong. Doesn't mean that either is by default wrong; as you insinuate.

I don't know what you are babbling on about, it was made clear it wasn't normal behaviour, I'm not sure how even as the first respondent you would have drawn the conclusion it was to be expected, but by the time you chimed in it shouldn't have been too difficult to work out.

Yep, usual response... much to be expected.

You're too kind, but I'm glad not to disappoint.

That there may be an automatic way to whack a tab when there are no items below it, doesn't necessarily call for that to be the case ALL THE TIME. That it may not happen "automatically" now says zero about how it was intended to be, either then or now. There is a difference in how this is handled. That Is All. Yikes! Gosh, you guys get spun up over the minimalist stuff. Of course, this is to be expected from some...

That it is a bug tells you it wasn't intended, something you would have been aware of when you made your post, so you come in telling someone to deal with it who had already dealt with it and to take it up with the author when it was obvious it wasn't an external issue. No one is getting spun up aside from yourself, which while quite enjoyable in the way that watching Mel Gibson after he's had a few would be, you can't condone his being obnoxious despite the entertainment value.