PDA

View Full Version : RIP-David Bowie passed away..Battled Cancer.

prometheus
01-11-2016, 12:26 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3393470/David-Bowie-dies-18-month-battle-cancer.html

I was.what? a bit of a shock, recently watched a news report about his latest album, didnīt know he was sick.
David died at the age of 69.

Rip David.

spherical
01-11-2016, 02:06 AM
Shocking, what news like this does to one's self. I stared out the window into the dark for many minutes. Reflections of times past. Times perhaps to come. Times perhaps that never will be had. All we have is now...

prometheus
01-11-2016, 02:57 AM
Shocking, what news like this does to one's self. I stared out the window into the dark for many minutes. Reflections of times past. Times perhaps to come. Times perhaps that never will be had. All we have is now...

Yep..but death smiles at us all, and all we can do is smile back..huh...we all have to face our own, and so often maybe friends, family and idols..death is a part of life we can not escape at some point, we got to learn how to cope with it...when we are kids, young etc..it may not affect us that much, but getting older and one might be confronting more and more of your idols or friends passing away.

yep..be thankful for the day, and keep in mind trying find joy in everyday if possible, and also do things to make the day special perhaps..might not be easy for everyday exactly though.

I hate that cancer, been following the swedish media and over here it seems so many celebrities are loosing the fight, thereīs a cancer gala coming up soon in sweden, raising more money for the cancer foundation.

David Bowie wasnīt directly one of my youth music heroes, but I did love some of his music, and recognize what an iconic music idol he was etc...I can understand
that folks having him as their yout music icon heroe... must have been devestated.

Michael

BeeVee
01-11-2016, 04:51 AM
David Bowie wasnīt directly one of my youth music heroes, but I did love some of his music, and recognize what an iconic music idol he was etc...I can understand
that folks having him as their yout music icon heroe... must have been devestated.

I agree! I feel exactly the same. I listen to BBC 6Music on a regular basis and so it was a shock when I turned on the Breakfast show today, but they have been playing loads of really good Bowie music that I didn't know and having bits of him talking about stuff. 6Music is on the web at http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music if you want to listen in. It's a great station and at risk of Tory cutbacks threatened to the BBC.

B

djwaterman
01-11-2016, 04:56 AM
Wha? I don't expect to hear this sort of news first on the LW forum, literally just found out now, was just watching a bunch of documentaries and performances of him last week on YouTube and thinking when will I wake up and hear about him dying, I didn't think it was coming soon and he had kept his cancer a secret from the media. Well, none of us will ever get to live the sort of life he did, I remember a girl at school gave me her entire collection of Bowie records and that's pretty much the first pop music I owned and listened to before moving on to other things. Always checked in on what he was doing throughout my life. You know, it's inevitable, we have to watch great iconic figures disappear before we too vanish.

JohnMarchant
01-11-2016, 05:13 AM
The Thin White Duke, is now a true Starman. RIP David

MAUROCOR
01-11-2016, 05:36 AM
:( :( :( :( :( Today is a sad day...

zapper1998
01-11-2016, 06:33 AM
so sad to hear that news

GandB
01-11-2016, 09:03 AM
This sucks. As soon as I read the thread headline; the song "Changes" came into my head. He will be missed. Just a few weeks ago Lemmy, and now this. Sad.

jeric_synergy
01-11-2016, 09:59 AM
A true original. You guys ever see him act? "Merry Christmas, Mister Lawrence" was a revelation.

They don't make ones like Bowie every day. :(

Nicolas Jordan
01-11-2016, 10:37 AM
Being a child of the 80's I will remember him best for his role in the Labyrinth movie as the Goblin King.

kopperdrake
01-12-2016, 03:29 AM
A girl at school was really into him in the late 80s - I gave it a shot and his music is some that is *always* on the USB stick in my car, still today. He was an absolute genius, had an incredible imagination, and from what you see on the media, was a thoroughly nice human to boot. The true epitomy of a showman to the last - such attention to detail. What a legacy to leave, I only regret the stories have come to an end :(

LW_Will
01-12-2016, 03:59 AM
I worked for an artist in the 80's, learned a lot about music from him. Mostly about Bowie. His whole story, from the fact of the heroine and the fact that his album "Low" was a visual joke. Saw him in concert and with Tin Machine. Stood in the concert not ten feet from him.

He was the most amazing man, artist and just a cool dude. I am so fracking sick today, I don't know what i'll do.

jeric_synergy
01-18-2016, 09:00 PM
2016 has not been kind to artists, and it's still only January! :eek: :(

meshpig
01-26-2016, 02:24 AM
Bowie used to own an apartment at the bottom end of Bayswater road Kings Cross, Sydney (30 years ago). Met the guy too.

kopperdrake
01-26-2016, 02:30 AM
It's getting so bad these days that I actually dreamed Paul McCartney passed away today :(

meshpig
01-26-2016, 02:50 AM
Hands across the water uncle Albert.

meshpig
01-26-2016, 02:54 AM
Sorry, couldn't resist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP7EIBureJk

meshpig
01-29-2016, 06:40 AM
Still haven't seem Pat M. live. Yehudi Menuhin, well. Guitars are the C20 Violins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJRF8xGzvj4