PDA

View Full Version : Bug With G2 Rig 2015.3?

Surrealist.
01-08-2016, 05:40 AM
I seemed to find a problem with the G2 Rig.

Load object into Layout, create rig, turn arm IK/FK switch to IK, move the controller, Modify/Reset Translation. The controller shoots into the air. Does it on both arms. Feet are OK.

Nothing special. Did not do anything to the rig. Just loaded the preset, drew a box around it, saved and sent it to Layout, for the cleanest test I could imagine.

File attached if you want to test it.

Vong
01-08-2016, 01:35 PM
Yup, does it here too, on both a Mac and Windows.

You don't even need the box. Just create the G2 preset, save it, load it into Layout and then create the rig. Legs work fine, but the arm's IK goals shoot into the air.

Surrealist.
01-08-2016, 03:22 PM
Interesting. I assumed you would need an additional mesh in the same layer. Thanks for the confirmation.

Surrealist.
01-08-2016, 03:52 PM
I am a bit rusty with LW. I can see the issue. But I forget how to set an item to 0 in another position than 0 other than parenting. It seems to be an error with the script perhaps when parenting during the auto set up? From my recollection you can not freeze transforms on objects. Only bones. Has this changed recently?

If this has not changed, then I guess the only solution is to fix he error in the script if that is possible.

By the way I reported this but have no idea if they plan on releasing any patches for 2015.

Surrealist.
01-08-2016, 07:33 PM
OK, so I am kind of half way there with a fix. There is a Zero null used to allow the IK Goal controller to be reset to 0. If I correct the position derived from the Skellegon in Modeler and re parent, I can at least reset the controller to 0 manually. But using the reset tool still sends it off into space and I am not sure why there.

Surrealist.
01-09-2016, 01:31 AM
OK the report was submitted and Lino got right on it! Much appreciated. Not sure how this works (I assume they will have to release a patch or something) but he gave me a .lwo file. I guess I can't post it here because I have to assume it is something you only get with the licensed version of LW that ships with G2. Actually not even sure it would work with earlier versions... anyway.

But I suppose you can contact Lino or LW 3D Group for a copy if you have the License for this version.

Vong
01-09-2016, 12:28 PM
I don't expect them to release a patch or even acknowledge the bug publically. They'll just leave it for the next release. Which will probably happen when LW2016 ships.

Yeah, I've still got a bit of the bitterness from encountering a show stopping bug, that was confirmed and I was told it was fixed in the next release. That was back with 11.6.3. The next release was the paid upgrade to 2015!

I don't expect much from LW3DG! :oye:

At least you got it fixed! :D

Surrealist.
01-09-2016, 01:21 PM
Too late. It is already public. ;) Anyone needs the file, just contact CS. These guys are really prompt in replying to bugs. I am impressed so far. Two reports and both times got a response in minutes. And this one within an hour or so I had my file. I imagine things more difficult to address would be a different story.

lino.grandi
01-10-2016, 11:56 AM
Too late. It is already public. ;) Anyone needs the file, just contact CS. These guys are really prompt in replying to bugs. I am impressed so far. Two reports and both times got a response in minutes. And this one within an hour or so I had my file. I imagine things more difficult to address would be a different story.

Thanks Surrealist. We do our best!

The "bug" was in the Genoma rig luckily, so that was a really fast fix. Please feel free to share the corrected preset here!

Surrealist.
01-10-2016, 09:04 PM
OK. Will do. Thanks again Lino!