PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Dynamics Help Please

zapper1998
01-06-2016, 06:04 AM
I am trying to figure out why the parts are still wiggling after the parts are spread out on the ground object?

Any ideas of what I can set in the properties to stop the wiggling?

Thank You

Mike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBPNniU0kX4

The video test

ActionBob
01-06-2016, 07:48 AM
I believe you can use your FREE Chronosculpt to fix that wiggling after the sim runs. I seem to recall that was one of the selling points in the demo vids. Have not used it myself, but I seem to recall that is a use.

Perhaps that Titan Z is TOO powerful and wants to keep crunching numbers whether you like it or not and it is making up things to work on.... ;-)

-Adrian

zapper1998
01-06-2016, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the tip

Will keep on tinkering, and searching for a way to stop the wiggling.. I recall some time ago a thread or two on this wiggling.

Ya I need to load up Chrono and learn that now.. hehe

Mike

pinkmouse
01-06-2016, 08:24 AM
You can ramp down the simulation timescale with an envelope, sometimes it looks okay, sometimes it doesn't.

zapper1998
01-06-2016, 10:52 AM
Ok I will try that.

TK
PinkMouse

Mike

prometheus
01-09-2016, 12:47 AM
since it is just boxes, I would set shape mode for both ground and bricks to box, I presume you are using one layer only for the box, I would set mass distribution for the bricks to vertices, think that will help avoid jittering.

might otherwise try send all bricks to layers instead of one part.

Thomas Leitner
01-09-2016, 05:35 AM
...Any ideas of what I can set in the properties to stop the wiggling?...

Hi,
you can clearly see that the wiggling comes from overlapping bricks. So to stop it you have to avoid overlapping. Since you only have brick itīs best to use Box as collision shape.

ciao
Thomas

zapper1998
01-09-2016, 05:22 PM
K
Thanks

:)

jasonwestmas
01-09-2016, 09:09 PM
yeah it does appear there is an issue with your collision boxes that surround your geometry. Might be too small or not the right shape.

MonroePoteet
01-10-2016, 08:41 AM
I've had some degree of luck ramping up the damping envelopes when I want the jittering to stop. Attached is a sample scene, where both the Linear and Angular Damping on the brick wall is ramped up to 100% between frames 100 and 150. I'm running V11.6.3 and this causes the bricks to stop jittering and falling over. Perhaps something you can fine-tune to your needs.

The item type for the Brick Wall is Convex Pieces.

mTp