PDA

View Full Version : VPR very blocky (and CPU is overheats trying to keep it blocky)

ruud
01-04-2016, 09:16 AM
Hi,

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, this because of my new NevronMotion plugin.

One thing I'm having trouble with is the VPR, which worked just fine in Windows 7 but now the scene is a bit heavy it suddenly starts calculating very intense while the VPR keeps showing me pixels, the fan of my CPU is turning hyperactive, this goes on for minutes without improving the VPR. When I click on any dropdown menu it suddenly starts showing the scene as it should perfectly, when I release my mouse button the machine hangs in Pixelmode again...

Does any of you know what this might cause?
Thanks in advance,

Ma3rk
01-04-2016, 10:11 AM
I can't say for sure, but open up your box and give it a real good cleaning as in with compressed air. I had a similar symptom last year with some graphic intense processes to the point where it would shut down the system. I found a huge dust bunny not visible until I got in there & blew it out. That pretty much took care of the problem.

jeric_synergy
01-04-2016, 11:02 AM
Ma3rk speaks wisdom.

Sensei
01-04-2016, 11:12 AM
What is ray recursion limit? Lower it.
What is VPR mode, Draft of full?

Tried using some older Windows emulation mode on app?

ruud
01-04-2016, 11:36 AM
I've got two different machines working on win10, both the same problem. Means it's not local or a clean install or anything..

01-04-2016, 11:44 AM
Something in your file is telling it to restart vpr calculations. I've had it happen a few times with a funky node setup. I've had it occur with vpr and octane.

ruud
01-04-2016, 11:57 AM
These are clean scenes with just a null and HV on it
I'm uploading a video on youtube, so you can see what I mean.

ruud
01-04-2016, 12:03 PM
This is the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UVI5_uB0pk

What you see is just a Null with standard HV on it, nothing more. On the left you see the processor going crazy with a blocky VPR on the right. Whenever I touch a drop down menu the VPR does a fine job and the processor gets into rest, however when I release the dropdown menu the blockyness is back again. This happens to practically every scene.

On the end of the video you see an advanced scene doing a fine job. So it's not due to my machine...

The flaw is on 2 machines running here on Win10, one machine with a clean Enterprise edition, the other machine on an Upgrade from Win7 Pro

Sensei
01-04-2016, 12:12 PM
As I already said,
try compatibility mode...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjeu6hVi0tw

ruud
01-04-2016, 12:14 PM
I did but nothing changed

Ma3rk
01-04-2016, 02:42 PM
This is the video.

On the end of the video you see an advanced scene doing a fine job. So it's not due to my machine...

The flaw is on 2 machines running here on Win10, one machine with a clean Enterprise edition, the other machine on an Upgrade from Win7 Pro

That is really weird.

Do both systems have the same make/model video card?

Since the "advanced" scene behaves fine, as a test what happens if you put some simple geometry in what's now just the HV null scene?

Niko3D
01-04-2016, 05:14 PM
Check the Virtual Studio...it has to be Deactive and not Active...

prometheus
01-04-2016, 05:42 PM
Check the Virtual Studio...it has to be Deactive and not Active...

deactivate studio live I think you mean?

I knew it had to be active for tweaking some nodes and have VPR update, such node tweakings...but I also experiences stuttering VPR trying to refine but not working properly, it may also depend on vpr fps settings together with that...in the end I turned it off.

ruud
01-05-2016, 01:10 AM
@Niko3D: You're a hero ;-)
the LIVE button in studio causes it to refresh constantly. Turning it off the VPR works like it used to. Thanks a million!

Niko3D
01-05-2016, 02:51 AM
@Niko3D: You're a hero ;-)
the LIVE button in studio causes it to refresh constantly. Turning it off the VPR works like it used to. Thanks a million!

It's a pleasure!
You're welcome!!!;)

- - - Updated - - -

deactivate studio live I think you mean?

I knew it had to be active for tweaking some nodes and have VPR update, such node tweakings...but I also experiences stuttering VPR trying to refine but not working properly, it may also depend on vpr fps settings together with that...in the end I turned it off.

Yes!It has problems...;)