PDA

View Full Version : Kinect V2 isn't showing in NevronMotion

ruud
12-31-2015, 09:37 AM
Hi,

I've got NevronMotion and the Microsoft Kinect V2. But I can't seem to get it work, the Kinect works with other programs (like 3D capture) and I ran the analizer and everything seems fine. My question is, how do I add the Kinect to Layout?

Thanks in advance,
Ruud

Markc
12-31-2015, 09:49 AM
AFAIK it should be in the Device Manager panel (Windows/Device Manager)
This should be covered in the manual.
Is there some sort of driver/software that needs to be installed?
I don't have a kinect (or any other capture device) but my panel shows ps3 move.me and Liberty 3D Rift driver (which I do have).

Edit:
Just looked through the manual for Nevronmotion.
You need an installer from your Lightwave account page.

ruud
12-31-2015, 10:43 AM
The installer is for a V1 version of the Kinect, I have the 2.0 installer from Microsoft for mine, shouldn't matter...

Markc
12-31-2015, 11:38 AM
Do you have it working now then.
Are the manual instructions any use.

ruud
01-04-2016, 01:12 AM
Still not working, the plugin shows, Newtek is helping me now...

Greenlaw
01-04-2016, 04:47 PM
I don't know if this will help but a few weeks ago I posted some instructions for setting up a v2 sensor:

Setting up Kinect One (v2) in Nevronmotion (http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?148971-Setting-up-Kinect-One-for-NevronMotion-in-LightWave-2015&highlight=nevronmotion)

ruud
01-05-2016, 12:57 AM
Greenlaw, thank you for this, I've been following it since Newtek pointed me to your thread... I've not been able to test it fully, but what I understand from Newtek is, LW isn't ready yet for KinectV2 but it can work only without the camera (studio) preview.

Greenlaw
01-05-2016, 01:25 AM
Kinect One (v2) does work in Nevronmotion but you can't adjust any of the options from within Layout like you can with the old Kinect (v1) yet. I believe this is being worked on but I don't have any specific information about this.

Another user mentioned that you can see the preview and adjust the Kinect One options using the Kinect Studio utility that comes with the SDK. I assume he meant that changing the settings in the native utility affects the settings for Nevronmotion. Sorry, I haven't had time to check this myself because I've been busy with a bunch of other projects but I'll post more info in that thread if I learn anything new about this.

If you get a chance to try it, let me know how it works out for you. Thanks.

G.

ruud
01-05-2016, 01:29 AM
I'm busy again also, I hope to figure it out this month. Whenever I have breaking news I'll let you know!
Thanks agian!