PDA

View Full Version : Expression confusion

lertola2
12-30-2015, 01:00 PM
The only time I ever make use of expressions is to set the camera's focal distance and the expression interface confuses me. In the attached image I would like to see or edit the expression for cam_1 which is selected in the bin. But the expression for cam_2 is displayed in the expressions tab not the one for cam_1. Also in the expression tab at the lower left the cam_2 expression has a 2 next to it. Does this mean that that expression is applied to both cameras? Can a channel have more than one expression on it? How can I find out which expression is connected to a selected channel? I have found that cloning a camera that has an expression on the focal distance is difficult because the expression will refer to the original camera not the new one. Can someone explain how the expression interface is meant to be used?

Thanks,
-Joe

http://forums.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=131702&d=1451496369

ernpchan
12-30-2015, 01:39 PM
The expression tab is to build and edit expressions. It doesn't track based on what channel is selected. Since more than one expression can be on a channel it wouldn't know which expression to display.

"Attached" will show you how many times that expression is used in your scene. In your case, cam_2 is used twice.

lertola2
12-30-2015, 01:54 PM
OK but how can I find out what expression is on the cam_1 focal distance channel? I am afraid it may have both expressions on it but I don't know how to find out if that is true or not.

ernpchan
12-30-2015, 02:14 PM
I think if you right click on the channel you'll get a listing of what channels are attached to that channel.

lertola2
12-30-2015, 03:56 PM
Thanks. That is a big help.