PDA

View Full Version : reverse entire timeline

Rellim1138
12-28-2015, 01:26 PM
is there a way to reverse the entire time line for a scene? the reverse key option in graph editor reverses all keys but it does not position them correctly.
i have about 20 scenes, in each there are multiple key frames for multiple objects and just enough needs tweaked that a straight reverse render will not work.

if this cant be done natively has anyone produced a plugin or a script that i can purchase?

Ryan Roye
12-28-2015, 02:05 PM
is there a way to reverse the entire time line for a scene? the reverse key option in graph editor reverses all keys but it does not position them correctly.

Inverting the keys in the graph editor produces expected results on my end. Are you sure you have all the channels in all selected objects added to the bin and their keyframes selected prior to performing this action?

Sensei
12-28-2015, 02:47 PM
Inverting the keys in the graph editor produces expected results on my end. Are you sure you have all the channels in all selected objects added to the bin and their keyframes selected prior to performing this action?

Are you thinking about Keys > Invert Selected Keys?

Compare these screen-shots:

They are wrong. Clearly visible.

Rellim1138
12-28-2015, 03:23 PM
reversing keys in the graph editor will reverse each individual channel selected, y position will reverse as will x and z however they will not reverse in respect to each other and the in and out keys will remain in their current position on the time line.
what i want to do is reverse everything so that the entire scene is reversed.
think about an animation showing a engine showing how it is assembled. 20 plus scenes showing individual parts coming together. each scene shows bolts and individual components of the engine coming together and being installed on the main object. i have completed that but now need to show it disassembling. there are a few differences in the process so i can not just play the final render in reverse but it is similar enough that reversing the time line would get be 80% there.

unfortunately i have an NDA for this project and cant post examples.

lertola2
12-28-2015, 04:51 PM
I think you can reverse the animation in the graph editor using the numeric scale command with the 'Time Scale Factor' set to -1 and the 'Time Scale Origin' set to the center time of your animation (in seconds: total frames/frame rate/2)

Rellim1138
12-29-2015, 10:53 AM
thank you lertola2! that is what i needed. its got some odd things going on but its enough to save me a ton of work!

Sensei
12-29-2015, 10:59 AM
thank you lertola2! that is what i needed. its got some odd things going on but its enough to save me a ton of work!

I don't think so it will work correctly if you are using other curves than default settings TCB Spline.
If there is Bezier, Hermite, even Stepped, won't work correctly.
Because they have internal parameters that tool has to inverse as well as time param.

Here is quite extreme example:

Sensei
12-29-2015, 02:09 PM
This is how it should be done (I wrote plugin):
http://forums.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=131676&d=1451423197

http://forums.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=131677&d=1451423197

rustythe1
01-02-2016, 05:11 PM
could you not just render in reverse? ie set the first frame to render as the last and the last frame as 0. step as -1

rustythe1
01-02-2016, 05:14 PM
I just tried it and set the render global to first 100, last 0, frame step -1 and it renders in reverse if that's any help, rather than trying to fix any glitches.