PDA

View Full Version : Nevron Motion and Character Clothing ?

blueshift
12-25-2015, 03:10 AM
Just started with Nevron Motion and ran into some confusion. I imported a poser character ' an elf '131598 and rigged it for Nevron sent it to Layout and retargeted to a BVH file and it worked like a charm. I then tried to do a Santa by importing a pozer character David and adding clothing Items to him. 131599 Five items Beard ,hat ,belt , coat and pants. I got " Genoma works with only 1 object in scene. The elf was one object with an mage map. I tried retargeting the David Character first then sending the clothing items after and parenting them to the David character. Clothing doesn't morf of course. I then tried applying weight maps to the clothing items and that didn't work. Any advice on how to apply clothing items to a character for use with Nevron Motion would be greatly appreciated.

wolfiboy
12-25-2015, 04:23 AM
Bones can only deform their direct parent-mesh. So you need to put all cothes and the character into one layer in Modeller, together with the Nevron-Genoma-Skeleton. Then send the object to layout, produce bones by Genoma, and retarget by Nevron again.
I used Poser several years ago and I know, there you could simply parent some cloth to the character and it deformed. But this doesn't work in Lightwave - well as far as I know it. If there's another solution it would be interesting to know... I'm struggeling with this issue too.

The weight-maps are useful if geometrie of different bones is quite close, like the trousers on your picture. It could be that e.g. the right leg-bone deformes some points on the left trouser because it's quite close. But usually Lightwave does a good job in calculating the default-bone-influence. Just give it a try.

Ryan Roye
12-25-2015, 08:00 AM
Bones can only deform their direct parent-mesh.

Although this is most optimal, one does have the option of making an object use another object's bones. Basically, follow these steps:

- Select any bone within the mesh object that contains bones.

- Open bone properties (p) and keep it open.

- Select the mesh object without bones, and in the "Use Bones from Object" pulldown field, select the appropriate object.

The only downside with doing it this way I believe is the fact that it will only take the model's start position into consideration. So, while appropriate for character models where some elements are not expected to be moved by the user, be aware of this limitation for other applications.

wolfiboy
01-03-2016, 07:41 AM
Sorry, I was away for a longer time. @Ryan: Thank you! It's always good to learn something new!