PDA

View Full Version : Ann: Chilton's Christmas Bundle.

ConjureBunny
12-22-2015, 12:19 PM
Christmas, ten years I decided I really wanted to make serious video games.

I spent every penny I had on buying the best game engine and modeling software I could afford, and came out of it a few months later with pretty much nothing to show. The game engines on the market then were complicated and buggy, and the modeling tools barely ran on my low end computer. But the part that kept me back more than anything else was an enormous lack of knowledge about how to make any of this stuff work.

Now, 10 years later, things are massively different. Game engines are free or cheap. 3D modeling software runs like a beast on even the lowest end computers. You just have to know how to use all of it.

Over the years I've posted a lot of free video tutorials, but the ones I've spent the most time putting together and curating are these. So for about the next month, I'm selling my entire collection of training videos, 3D model assets, and game engine enhancements, as one bundle, for the price I paid for the first game engine product I ever owned (a crappy book that taught me absolutely nothing).

So today, you can get 12 hours of straight-to-the-point tutorials on everything from advanced modeling techniques in LightWave to using them alongside advanced techniques in Unity, including example projects, scenes, models, and textures.

http://www.liberty3d.com/2015/12/chiltons-christmas-game-builder-bundle/

Good luck, the future is fun :)

-Chilton

mummyman
12-22-2015, 02:46 PM
Lets make some friggin' games! :)

calilifestyle
12-22-2015, 02:56 PM
Sweet thanks for the post.

ConjureBunny
12-22-2015, 03:27 PM
If I'd had just the modeling videos here, ten years ago, I'd be in a very different place right now.

Instead, I bought several books and ended up after a few months with um... buying several more books.

Nothing as thorough and straightforward as Unity existed at the time, and now it's FREE???

I don't get this at all. But I LIKE IT!

-Chilton

tommyc
12-23-2015, 10:38 AM
For the Unity parts, are there any big differences between v4 and v5 of Unity that could make things difficult for someone new to Unity?

BTW, I really enjoyed your Secrets to SubD Modeling training!

ConjureBunny
12-23-2015, 08:06 PM
There are no substantial differences, other than enhancements. I had to think about that before I put this bundle together, because I'm not trying to sell people old, defunct crap :D

But as far as I know, everything in those Unity parts directly applies to Unity 5.

That said, I am going to update the Intro to Unity one soon (probably in January) to cover some of the cool new stuff in 5.3, and if you own the bundle it will be a free update.

-Chilton

Markc
01-11-2016, 11:53 AM
Chilton, I just watched your Turntable videos this weekend.
When I first installed Unity, I was totally baffled with where to start........60 minutes later, after your videos, it's so simple.
Keep these tuts coming.......:rock::bowdown:
Next thing is to try my Rift in Unity.

goakes
01-11-2016, 07:41 PM
Hi Chilton. Can you look at the link ( 4 Unity Pipelines for Animations) in the package. When I unzip I get this error.
Extracting to "C:\Users\gary\Desktop\"
Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no
Error: The system cannot find the path specified.
Cannot create C:\Users\gary\Desktop\Unity 4 Animations \.DS_Store
Severe Error: File creation failed.

Error code: 0
Error description:

All the other files are fine. Thanks.