PDA

View Full Version : WebApps

fgolman
12-20-2015, 09:31 PM
Really love the web apps that Kane has developed ... however, is he the only one writing for that?

Would love to find out what others are doing ...

Fritz Golman
Museum of Broadcast Communications

kanep
12-21-2015, 08:39 AM
I can't speak for everyone, I'm sure there are other people using the web control API, but they might be using it to provide tools for specific client workflows.

I have been teaching a paid class in San Antonio this past year on how to write your own web control apps. I'm sure we will be having the class next year as well, but at this point no class dates have been set. I can post this information once the class dates are available.

The two day class covers the macro system in TriCaster, then expands into how to send commands via the web command API (HTTP URLs). Once you know how to form the URLs to send the commands, everything else is standard HTML and JavaScript. You will need to learn the rest of HTML and JavaScript programming on your own, there are tons of resources available covering that.

Also, it is possible for the NewTek Professional Services team to be contracted to write a Web App if someone has a need for one.

The web apps I have written, have been more for 'fun'. Doing some coding lets me feel that I'm putting my college degree to some use!

TPUC
12-21-2015, 09:43 AM
Any chance you would offer the class online?

kanep
12-21-2015, 09:49 AM
Not going it say it won't happen, but I'm not sure how long before it would happen.

Koinonia
12-21-2015, 12:53 PM
That's a good idea! You will be able to reach People from all over the world. I am sure you can find a Tricaster and a camera next to you! (-:

Shawn Farrell
12-24-2015, 08:20 PM
Is there a SDK for the TriCaster?

kanep
12-26-2015, 08:53 AM
You can sign up for the SDK here (The link to join the network is on the right side of the page).

http://www.newtek.com/solutions/newtek-developer-network.html

Shawn Farrell
01-03-2016, 06:12 PM
Awesome...