PDA

View Full Version : DPKit (et al): Node Item Motion VS Nodal Motion

jeric_synergy
12-16-2015, 06:35 PM
What are the practical differences between "Node Item Motion" and "Nodal Motion"?

It appears that NIM has SAI style inputs??? Anything else?

Also, NIM lacks a 'starter' node (Self?), and has only a Destination/Output node.

But, practically, what does it all mean?

probiner
12-16-2015, 07:25 PM
DP came first. So, NT made a native version of it. Before they made the Input modules.

To me DP Kit one is superior because you can use it to just affect certain channels. So you can constrain the translation on the X axis. But still interact with the Translate gizmo on the Y and Z axis. Instead of having all the axis locked due to vector data.

Tip of the hat to Dennis, once again, for all he pushed forward into LW, even if made native afterwards.

Cageman
12-16-2015, 08:00 PM
You can modify specific channels even if it is a vector input. That said, it takes one more node to do it. I wouldn't say that DP is superior based on that thing... faster to setup, yes.

probiner
12-16-2015, 10:24 PM
It's superior particularly because of that.
You're just constraining one channel, not all three just to get one... This means the other 2 will still be manipulated and keyed through the gizmo and graph editor, simply and rationally setup'ed.

Cheers

jeric_synergy
12-16-2015, 11:53 PM
So, "Node Item Motion" (name always confused me) is a bit better because of the individual inputs.

What about the ....uhhhhhh.... 'starter' node that the native editor has? What do you replace it with when using Denis' offering?