PDA

View Full Version : Installing a .p file in Lightwave 2015

Schwyhart
12-11-2015, 03:05 PM
As the title says, how do I do this?

I've tried to do it under the Plugins > Add Plugins button, but no luck.
I've tried dragging the file on Lightwave Modeler, no luck.

It's the TorusPlus.p plugin.

Any help?

Skonk
12-11-2015, 03:15 PM
You do what you said the first time.

You hit Add Plugin, select the .p file and hit OK.

It should tell you how many plugins were added and then you can find the plugins under "Utilities" tab > "Additional" menu (at the bottom of the button bar on the left).

Usually the new plugins will be at the bottom of the list, so you have to stick the mouse cursor near the bottom of the list so it scrolls all the way down.

Additionally, you can do Window > Edit Menu Layout and add the plugins to a tab of your choice.

Schwyhart
12-11-2015, 03:20 PM
I get this

"Cannot load external plig-in file </Applications/NewTek/Lightwave3D_2015.3/support/plugins/model/TorusPlus.p>"

DrStrik9
12-11-2015, 03:24 PM
Could the plug be a Windows version? (I actually don't know if that one is available for Mac.)

DigitalDeuce
12-11-2015, 03:31 PM
.p is windows
.plugin is mac

Sounds like a platform mis-match.

From his youtube video:

32/64 version, sorry, no Mac version at the moment

Sensei
12-11-2015, 03:31 PM
Plugins for MacOS X have extension .plugin (in old times they used to have .p in CFM and <=v9 times).

All plugins for Windows have extension .p

Ariandesign
04-21-2017, 01:48 AM

It should tell you how many plugins were added and then you can find the plugins under "Utilities" tab > "Additional" menu (at the bottom of the button bar on the left).

Usually the new plugins will be at the bottom of the list, so you have to stick the mouse cursor near the bottom of the list so it scrolls all the way down.

Additionally, you can do Window > Edit Menu Layout and add the plugins to a tab of your choice.

Thanks for this clear tips :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for this clear tips :)

Snosrap
04-21-2017, 03:40 PM
A .p could be 32bit or 64bit. Make sure to use the correct one for your LW installation. (Some people are still running 32bit versions of LW just for this purpose alone - they have a lot of older .p 32bit plugins.)

gerry_g
04-21-2017, 03:53 PM
and if you are Mac it's '.plugin' and nothing else, and somethings are OS sensitive (runs under one iteration but not the next), ah already stated